Prolonged Delay in QC Review of Uploaded Photos

I am a new contributor to Alamy. My first four "test" photos were passed by QC in a couple of days and are now on sale. My next two sets of uploaded photos I sent in on March 3rd and on March 4th. They appear to have fallen into a "black hole". They haven't been approved, they haven't been rejected, they haven't anything. What am I missing here? - Thomas Alexander

If they are showing as "awaiting QC" then they have almost certainly failed and you may have to wait a month. Member Services will tell you if they are in the fail queue.

If one fails, all pending batches are automatically failed.

Hi Thomas

Take a good and thorough look at all your uploaded images at 100% - scroll - and check that all of them are as flawless as your first four images (if in doubt see Alamy's failing reasons). Check especially for SoLD (soft of lacking definition) - that here is a logic area of absolute focus / sharpness).

Unfortunately it does sound like a fail and up to 30 day wait before you receive the report.   It might only be one of your images that's failed but as has already been said one fail and they all go on stop.

You will be informed which one/s have failed and the reason.  Usual reasons for a fail are either  Soft or Lacking Definition (SoLD )  or Chromatic Aberration (CA) .

Keep in mind that they may not have checked every image so check ALL images before uploading again.

John

Thanks to everyone that responded.

Spacecadet, I have not received an "awaiting QC" message. In fact I have no indication from Alamy that my photos were even received. (I would think that a pretty simple sub-routine could at least do that automatically, with no human intervention required.) Oh well, I will await to see if I get a rejection in a couple of weeks.

Again, thanks everyone.

Tom Alexander

If you have not already done so log into Alamy, go to your MyAlamy dsahboard and click on Track Submissions. If you images uploaded correctly then you should see AwaitingQC in the right hand column. If they have got into a processing loop then you should simply see Processing - can happen if there is some glitch during upload. If there is no sign of the upload having actually happend i.e. you cannot see the upload date, reference, number of images etc then for some reason your images failed to upload. If that is the case then upload again and see what happens.

Thanks to everyone that responded.

Spacecadet, I have not received an "awaiting QC" message. In fact I have no indication from Alamy that my photos were even received. (I would think that a pretty simple sub-routine could at least do that automatically, with no human intervention required.) Oh well, I will await to see if I get a rejection in a couple of weeks.

Again, thanks everyone.

Tom Alexander

In that case ask MS about it. It rather seems that your uploads were unsuccessful- the "simple subroutine" you mention does exist, it's what generates the 'awaiting QC' message

Archived