I am here just for a few days

During those first days I am trying to use Alamy measures to understand how to make more sales

Can anybody helps me understand what views mean?

In my other agency (RF) as soon as you post and tweet you start having views, lots of them.

Here, I have only 10 views up till now.

A view basically means that someone has searched Alamy for a picture and your image gains a view if it is one of the images that Alamy returned and showed the 'someone'.

A 'zoom' means that the 'someone' has shown an interest in your image and has clicked on it to see a bigger version of the image.

Incidentally Alamy is clever enough to realise when you are seaching for and viewing your own images. Whether it uses some sort of a cookie or recognises IP address, I'm not sure.. but certainly just searching for and clicking on your own images will not improve their stats.

It's my understanding that views and zooms in Alamy Measures are only from registered customers who have spent a certain amount of money in the pas

Correct to a point . . . Alamy clearly state "paying customers" is the criteria  . . . all of which the OP would have found had he/she read the definitions Alamy provide.

EDIT: for brevity . . .

dd

N

It's my understanding that views and zooms in Alamy Measures are only from registered customers who have spent a certain amount of money in the pas

Correct as far as only "registered" customers' views count. Not sure about the "spent a certain amount of money" -- Alamy clearly state "paying customers" is the criteria  . . . all of which the OP would have found had he/she read the definitions Alamy provide.

dd

Now I got it!

If it´s only registered customers than the number of views might be small.

dustydingo, on 16 Feb 2016 - 1:58 PM, said:

Armstrong, on 16 Feb 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

Correct to a point . . . Alamy clearly state "paying customers" is the criteria . . . all of which the OP would have found had he/she read the definitions Alamy provide.

dd

I'm sure I've read that there is a threshold although I can't provide a link. Otherwise any contributor could register as a buyer, then buy the smallest licence possible and start 'gaming' Alamy Measures i.e zooming their own images hundreds of times!

EDIT: There are responses from Alamy in this thread which answer the question: http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/956-photo-sold-but-never-zoomed/?p=12191

I was looking at your images, and assuming you are used to selling on microstock agencies, your images with people's hands have to have releases to sell as RF on Alamy. And when filling in the "How many People" option in Manage Images, you have to count parts of people, not just recognizable people. So your the images you have with hands need to be changed to RM and marked as having 1 person in the photo. Only Alamy can do that, so you need to contact Member Services and they will change them to RM for you.

Jill

Was this meant for the 'Is a shadow a person?' thread? :-)

I was looking at your images, and assuming you are used to selling on microstock agencies, your images with people's hands have to have releases to sell as RF on Alamy. And when filling in the "How many People" option in Manage Images, you have to count parts of people, not just recognizable people. So your the images you have with hands need to be changed to RM and marked as having 1 person in the photo. Only Alamy can do that, so you need to contact Member Services and they will change them to RM for you.

Jill

Jill, if it is one of mine, please let me know, it would be an honest mistake. But its weird since I dont have any RF image here in Alamy, so I am assuming you are in the wrong thread, is that the case? Thank you!

dustydingo, on 16 Feb 2016 - 1:58 PM, said:

Armstrong, on 16 Feb 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

Correct to a point . . . Alamy clearly state "paying customers" is the criteria . . . all of which the OP would have found had he/she read the definitions Alamy provide.

dd

I'm sure I've read that there is a threshold although I can't provide a link. Otherwise any contributor could register as a buyer, then buy the smallest licence possible and start 'gaming' Alamy Measures i.e zooming their own images hundreds of times!

EDIT: There are responses from Alamy in this thread which answer the question: http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/956-photo-sold-but-never-zoomed/?p=12191

Armstrong, great tip my friend! :)

Jill

Jill, if it is one of mine, please let me know, it would be an honest mistake. But its weird since I dont have any RF image here in Alamy, so I am assuming you are in the wrong thread, is that the case? Thank you!

You're right, wrong thread. Meant to go in the "Do RF Images Sell" thread.

Jill

Ok, Jill, no probl

Jill

You're right, wrong thread. Meant to go in the "Do RF Images Sell" thread.

Jill

Ok Jill, no problem.

Archived