Copies of my Monochrome Images from the 70s

I recently uploaded about a dozen images via Archive taken in Syria, Palmyra and Bosra, before the Islamist terrorists destroyed some of the buildings. Shot on Velvia, and probably wouldn't have got through the QC on Stock, but were accepted because of their potentially historic perspectives.

I recently uploaded about a dozen images via Archive taken in Syria, Palmyra and Bosra, before the Islamist terrorists destroyed some of the buildings. Shot on Velvia, and probably wouldn't have got through the QC on Stock, but were accepted because of their potentially historic perspectives.

Hi Rob, 

But I was wondering (not that you were reply to me  :) ) about when you first gained access to submit via the archive route, how did you get approved, did you show a sample of your images on your website,  if so, how many images did they need to see before approving you? I would love to know how you were approved. 

Thanks, 

Brian 

Hi Brian,

Yes, Alamy asked for a link to view the images first, before I actually uploaded them to the site. Once they were happy with them, they gave me access to the archive section. Bear in mind, Syria, and Palmyra in particular, were very much in the news at the time.

I don't have need of a website but  Alamy want to see my archive images before they accept them.

Any suggestions for the best and most straightforward way to let Alamy see them?

Regards

John

I put mine on Flickr temporarily for them to view.

Unfortunately I am finding many of the images being used on local interest Facebooks groups complete with the alamy watermark, but at a very acceptable size and quality!

On Photobucket you can set the images to private and just send Alamy the link. For extra paranoia protection you can then delete but I haven't bothered.

On second thoughts, I may have set it to public then reset to private after I got the go-ahead. I can't remember.

Archived