Apparently it's easier to make an app for the i things because the Android stuff isn't all the same. Anyway, Alamy says they will do it eventually. Eventually can be a long time away.

Paulette

• 1 month later...

I just joined Stockimo and downloaded the app, I have been a member of Alamy prior to the commencement of Stockimo so will Alamy split the fees 50/50 or will I only get 20%? Also, I will I be paid as per the current arrangement with Alamy or will I have to use PayPal as well? Thanks in advance for your answers.

I have an iPhone (again), but when I shot with an Android, I could still upload the images. Albeit a very convoluted way. I have an iPad, so I put the images on my computer, added effects there, then emailed them to myself. Opened and saved them on my iPad and used the Stockimo app from there.

There were threads on this quite awhile ago. I think some were maybe using an iPod? I have no experience with that device, so not sure.

Betty

I just joined Stockimo and downloaded the app, I have been a member of Alamy prior to the commencement of Stockimo so will Alamy split the fees 50/50 or will I only get 20%? Also, I will I be paid as per the current arrangement with Alamy or will I have to use PayPal as well? Thanks in advance for your answers.

From Stockimo.com:

No Android version then?

Not yet, sorry Android users.

How do I get paid?
The Stockimo app will tell you when you've made a sale. All payments will be made through PayPal, but if you don't have a PayPal account you can get one here.
We'll pay you monthly if you've made more than $10.

What share will I get?
We'll pay you 20% of every sale you make.

If you log into the App and look at "Account" right under Payment Settings it will tell you what your share is. It says "Your commission rate is XX%."

I might be wrong about his but I think that since you were a member at Alamy before Stockimo began you will get 50%. If you email member services they can let you know.

Paulette

I might be wrong about his but I think that since you were a member at Alamy before Stockimo began you will get 50%. If you email member services they can let you know.

Paulette

Maybe. There was an initial period where early sign-ups received a larger percentage but I think that time has passed..

Either way, you have to login with your Alamy username and password.

Stockimo uses the same website database but everything else is different. Payment is through Paypal and you won't know you've made a sale until after the client has paid and Stockimo is ready to pay you. Last time I read the contract Stockimo could sell images any way they pleased - directly, through distributors, etc. If an image can be licensed commercially that means it's RF. If it can't it's RM. Also, your images won't show up in Manage Images or Alamy Measures but you can check and edit them via the app.

I have an iPhone (again), but when I shot with an Android, I could still upload the images. Albeit a very convoluted way. I have an iPad, so I put the images on my computer, added effects there, then emailed them to myself. Opened and saved them on my iPad and used the Stockimo app from there.

There were threads on this quite awhile ago. I think some were maybe using an iPod? I have no experience with that device, so not sure.

Betty

Since I upgraded to an iPhone 6s with iOS 9 I can now AirDrop photos between my computer and my iPhone. Just hit the share button in the photo app on your iphone and it will show any nearby AirDrop capable devices. To send a photo from your computer, find the device in your AirDrop folder, then just drag and drop the photo to the icon. It's so much faster than email.

Archived