Are there any keywords or a way of key-wording that help indicate to a buyer that an image is particularly suitable for being used in a composite image? For example in the same way that "Copy space" tells the buyer there is room for text?

Thanks

Michael

Thanks Ian. That's a good suggestion! I was thinking more the other way around...images which would be could for compositing something into.

For an example: An empty street.

Maybe I'm answering my own question there but I was wondering if there was any special terminology?

The word background has got more meanings nowadays. The meaning has now often turned towards studio backlots for video or television productions and backgrounds for other images / actions to be copied into, and not only elements easy to combine in some sort of collage.

So I would perhaps prefer isolated on white, etc. The word background may include all of the above and may cause confusion. If necessary it could be added as "white background" in the comprehensive keywords in order to minimize unintentional views. Or am I wrong here??

I get occasional e-mails from an agency that specializes in backgrounds that are ready to have an image digitally dropped into them. They call them "locations," so I suppose someone looking for something similar on Alamy might add "location" to their search. On the other hand, checking "All of Alamy" since last August for "%location%" over the past year doesn't turn up any searches where the term was obviously meant this way (some possibly, but not obviously).

"Backplates" seem to be such backgrounds specifically created for CGI. Searching AoA for "%backplate%" turns up exactly two searches: "Professional use auto advertising backplate" and "auto advertising backplate." This may be the special terminology you're looking for, but not many customers are using it. No harm adding it where appropriate, I guess.

Archived