I'm afraid I stopped caring about bhz as a sensible measure when I spotted this in my "Your images" search results a few months ago  :-

bhz 1 1 0 0 0.00 180 0 0.00

Can't get my head round why mine would have shown up within the first two pages of search results (assuming 90 per page) in someone searching on "bhz" when I'm always usually somewhere way down around page 18 or so on a normal search of "bhz".

As Alamy says ... bhz position really is irrelvant.

This is ignoring the burning question of why someone (who's searching is recorded by Alamy) would be searching on "bhz" in the first place.

:-)

Carol

I also don't understand why they would search BHZ but aside from that, it is possible that yours showed up because they didn't log in until they had gone through several pages.  The earlier pages would not have registered in measures.

Pearl

I'm afraid I stopped caring about bhz as a sensible measure when I spotted this in my "Your images" search results a few months ago  :-

bhz 1 1 0 0 0.00 180 0 0.00

Can't get my head round why mine would have shown up within the first two pages of search results (assuming 90 per page) in someone searching on "bhz" when I'm always usually somewhere way down around page 18 or so on a normal search of "bhz".

As Alamy says ... bhz position really is irrelvant.

This is ignoring the burning question of why someone (who's searching is recorded by Alamy) would be searching on "bhz" in the first place.

:-)

Carol

Carol,

It would have appeared in the first couple of pages because yours is a recent image and the New tab was undoubtedly selected.

As for who would do the search, - most probably Alamy, keeping an eye on new entrants! I'm pretty sure their searches show up in Measures.

Ian D

I have images with logos which are included as part of the picture. If the image is marked as no release and as RM then it appears to be OK.

Allan, yes I agree there is no problem with there being a logo in the picture, but these are images of the logo alone which I thought was not allowed ... surely this is blatant trademark infringement?

See the Contributor Guidelines : http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/prepare-images.asp

• Images that solely feature a logo or trademark - this is a copyright or trademark infringement.

Marc

I have images with logos which are included as part of the picture. If the image is marked as no release and as RM then it appears to be OK.

Allan, yes I agree there is no problem with there being a logo in the picture, but these are images of the logo alone which I thought was not allowed ... surely this is blatant trademark infringement?

See the Contributor Guidelines : http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/prepare-images.asp

Yes, it would seem to be to me and I imagine that the company 'brands' would see it that way too. 

It seems there's an area of Tennessee called Black Haven Zone, often shortened to BHZ. There don't appear to be any images of it on Alamy - anyone doing a search for that area is going to be very confused by the search results.

Archived