Pseudo for RF images

I'm experimenting with adding more royalty-free images (backgrounds, abstracts, nature subjects, etc.) to my mainly (98%) RM editorial collection, and I'm wondering if it's worth creating a new pseudonym solely for RF shots. Does anyone do this? If so, what might the advantages/disadvantages be?

Thanks in advance.

John, I haven't seen a difference between RF and RM in sales performance in years. I believe that if you're going to divide your collection into pseudonyms, they should be by subject matter. That being said, I've just eliminated all of my own pseudos to see if my good sellers will pull my bad ones out of the doldrums.

John, I haven't seen a difference between RF and RM in sales performance in years. I believe that if you're going to divide your collection into pseudonyms, they should be by subject matter. That being said, I've just eliminated all of my own pseudos to see if my good sellers will pull my bad ones out of the doldrums.

I currently have my collection divided into two parts mainly by subject matter. I did this principally for organizational purposes, although my main pseudo (almost all RM) now has a much better ranking that the secondary one, which doesn't see a lot of action. My guess is that most RF shoppers go to the micros, but I'd still like to experiment more with RF to see if it brings sales of certain types of images. That said, I've never leased an RF image on Alamy. Not sure why I'm thinking a separate RF pseudo could help matters, other than it might give my RF images a fresh start.

Does anyone else with a healthy mix of RF and RM images notice much difference in how the two license types perform?

While I also suspect that most RF shoppers go to micros, I believe that once buyers are searching on Alamy, they aren't too concerned with the distinction. My current effort is to have a collection that's 50/50 RF/RM, just in case there are preferences.

I too want to hear from other contributors, I strongly suspect that these numbers are influenced by style and subject matter too.

I have only one pseudo for active images and another for deletions. Not sure how important this is, but feel that it's not critical. I operate with a pretty poor CTR, but continue to make sales - and suspect that is more important than CTR as far as ranking is concerned.

My best earning shot is RF, but that is an early effort dating back to the good times. I suspect that model released is more important than RF/RM, as clients occasionally search for that. My default is RM.

Bryan, I've noticed that many people who seem to be thriving on Alamy do so despite poor CTR numbers. This would almost certainly point to the idea that sales count for far more than zooms at rank time. Very interesting.

I've been keeping 3 psuedos up till now, 1 for best stuff, 1 for not so best, and 1 for a subject I wanted to monitor how it came up in views/zooms.

Having now decided to start doing a bit of RF I have got a n other psuedo for them so that I can see how they do.

Mostly my ctr is lower than alamy average, but my sales are steadily increasing, so that doesn't bother me much.

Phil

At one time I had two pseudonyms. One was for a small collection of pollution images that I did not want to be personally associated with. The other was for everything else. Both pseudonyms came in at slightly above the Alamy CTR average, but the pollution pseudonym was dragging my overall CTR score slightly down.

I then switched to one pseudonym for images that I liked very much, and one pseudonym for everything else. I made every image for both pseudonyms RF, except when Alamy forced me into RM.

The everything else pseudonym scores an Alamy CTR average, but the like pseudonym scores much higher.

The like pseudonym consistently drags my overall CTR in an upward direction.

Notice I said "like". It was just images I liked, not necessarily images with high sales potential or RF/RM.

I have only one pseudo for active images and another for deletions. Not sure how important this is, but feel that it's not critical. I operate with a pretty poor CTR, but continue to make sales - and suspect that is more important than CTR as far as ranking is concerned.

My best earning shot is RF, but that is an early effort dating back to the good times. I suspect that model released is more important than RF/RM, as clients occasionally search for that. My default is RM.

My default is RM as well. I suspect that you're correct about the importance of model releases (don't got none). However, the whole RM/RF thing continues to befuddle me, especially since there now really isn't a heck of a lot of difference between RM and RF on Alamy. Plus there doesn't seem to be any evidence that Alamy buyers prefer one of the licensing models over the other. 

Archived