FTP upload from Photoshelter

I've been hoping to try FTP-ing images from my PhotoShelter website, but I don't seem to have FTP activated on my Alamy account yet. Where does the FTP option show up on Alamy?

Obviously I can't answer your question, but I've never had any problems FTP-ing elsewhere from my PS website. However, it looks as if you're missing some vital information there.

John, on your My Alamy page, click on the "upload" box and the ftp option will show up with other upload options.

This the first time I have had it fail as well - I must be doing something wrong, I can only guess it has something to do with the "path"

Information Alamy mentions for FTP is shown below. There is no menton of a 'Path', but looks like you need to specify Port 21 somewhere.

You’ll need to enter Alamy’s FTP details into your FTP Client.

Our FTP details are: 
Host name: upload.alamy.com
Login/Username: Your Alamy email
Port: 21
Your password is the same as your Alamy login.

Log in on a standard FTP client and see what folders are offered and then enter the correct one in path. 

I have only used FTP for news were you are offered 3 folders (\news, \entertainment, \sport), I believe there is now a 4th added for general stock...

John, on your My Alamy page, click on the "upload" box and the ftp option will show up with other upload options.

This the first time I have had it fail as well - I must be doing something wrong, I can only guess it has something to do with the "path"

That's what I figured. It looks as if I don't have FTP yet. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Log in on a standard FTP client and see what folders are offered and then enter the correct one in path. 

I have only used FTP for news were you are offered 3 folders (\news, \entertainment, \sport), I believe there is now a 4th added for general stock...

I couldn't upload some Reportage images via the web this afternoon so I tried ftp using my original ftp account. All I got was News/Entertainment/Sports. No Reportage. No Archive.

I just tried it logging in with my email and standard Alamy password and got the same folder. I guess I have two accounts but neither leads to Stock, Archive or Reportage.

Archived