Alamy Contract & Goodbye....I just can't sign it....

I've been adding restrictions and then batch deleting. I started out with 50 pages. An hour later I'm not even 1/4 of the way thru this. I had 4777 images here.

No one responded to terminate back on 2/17/15 after I queried about things in the contract!    :-(

L

I've been adding restrictions and then batch deleting. I started out with 50 pages. An hour later I'm not even 1/4 of the way thru this. I had 4777 images here.

No one responded to terminate back on 2/17/15 after I queried about things in the contract!    :-(

L

That sounds like you have given Alamy ample time to respond. My impression was that your e-mail was sent some time in the last couple of days. Shame to see you feel forced to leave, all the best for the future and good luck.

I sent an email in Feb and emails the other day. Probably those reached over the weekend.

No response after the email in Feb.

L

No one at Alamy seems to be responding to my emails for terminating my current agreement and deleting my images.Am I supposed to go to manage images and delete 50 pages worth?
If I have to do that I am just adding all restrictions before a delete.

L

It's been the weekend so I guess any forthcoming response to your e-mail(s) will at the earliest be sent in a couple of hours. Why don't you just give Alamy a few more days to see how it all pans out? Perhaps Alamy will make changes to the contract after all the negative reactions from its contributors?

If you are leaving I wish you the best of luck. Always read your posts/opinions with great interest.

Added:

If you are serious about deleting your images (I'm sure you already know this) the "best" way is to strip them of all keywords (put som jibberish in), move to new (not your name) pseudonym and after that delete tha pseudonym. I think that is the quickest and "safest" way to get them off the market.

Where do you go to delete the pseudo? It use to be easy to find on the site,now I can't!

L

I sent an email in Feb and emails the other day. Probably those reached over the weekend.

No response after the email in Feb.

L

No one at Alamy seems to be responding to my emails for terminating my current agreement and deleting my images.Am I supposed to go to manage images and delete 50 pages worth?

If I have to do that I am just adding all restrictions before a delete.

L

It's been the weekend so I guess any forthcoming response to your e-mail(s) will at the earliest be sent in a couple of hours. Why don't you just give Alamy a few more days to see how it all pans out? Perhaps Alamy will make changes to the contract after all the negative reactions from its contributors?

If you are leaving I wish you the best of luck. Always read your posts/opinions with great interest.

Added:

If you are serious about deleting your images (I'm sure you already know this) the "best" way is to strip them of all keywords (put som jibberish in), move to new (not your name) pseudonym and after that delete tha pseudonym. I think that is the quickest and "safest" way to get them off the market.

Where do you go to delete the pseudo? It use to be easy to find on the site,now I can't!

L

Its in Manage Images - top bar

We received your email on the 17th that asked questions about the contract and we sent you a reply on the same day. Nothing in your email mentioned termination.

We received your termination request at 19:42 (Sunday night, UK time) on the 8th of March and we will be processing your termination today (9th) first thing Monday morning.

We've always made it very easy to join and leave Alamy and we're sorry you don't feel you can work with us any more. 

Alamy

Archived