Very long license

As Phil mentioned, 25 years is now common for textbook sales. I'll probably expire before they do.

Textbook fees are now a mixed bag. Some are low, but I had a number of good ones ($150-$180) last year. The $250-$300 variety are now virtually extinct IME.

I think they are banking on the fact that we'd probably be feet under in 25 years and won't have to worry about renewing the image license.Just keep the photo in their publication until we return in the next life!

L

I think they are banking on the fact that we'd probably be feet under in 25 years and won't have to worry about renewing the image license.Just keep the photo in their publication until we return in the next life!

L

Then when you find your pictures again you will be able to claim retro fees. :)

Allan

L

Then when you find your pictures again you will be able to claim retro fees. :)

Allan

Don't count on coming back and collecting from publishers. I've had a few "in perpetuity" licenses recently. Even the Dalai Lama isn't safe any longer.

Archived