Can I submit images of the Coca Cola truck to Alamy ? It has the word/logo 'Coca Cola' on the side of the truck. You are required to tick a no logo box before you submit photos, yet there are photos of the truck already on Alamy.

Thanks

Can I submit images of the Coca Cola truck to Alamy ? It has the word/logo 'Coca Cola' on the side of the truck. You are required to tick a no logo box before you submit photos, yet there are photos of the truck already on Alamy.

Thanks

Yes, you can... Though, had been more saleable if it was a "coke truck"  :D

Just tick the correct boxes - and in this case especially that the image contains property (including logos) for which you have no releases - and let the customer decide whether the image can be used.

More often than not images will contain property that will need releases to be RF.  So "street images" will nearly always be RM with Alamy.

Niels

Straight copies of logos may be removed if Alamy finds them, but a picture of one in context is fine. I have dozens of images with trademarks in them- Mercedes, Deutsche Bahn, Nikon, Greene King, you name it. About 25% of my sales have readily identifiable IP.- the best known would be San Pellegrino and Bulgari. Of course, as Maria says, they're RM and unreleased

Corporate websites, business editorial articles, textbooks, movie posters, are all uses that I have sold images for that I do not have releases for.  Not all uses require a release.  Keep in mind that the customer can obtain releases for your images if needed.

Archived