Help Please - how to put an image into a Forum Post

Can someone pleases tell me how to add an Alamy image to a post on this forum.

I want it to appear as the image rather than a link (which I can do).

I know that this has been discussed before, but I am unable to find the post.

I am using Windows 7

Thanks in advance. . .

Mark,

Thanks for that, however I cannot make it work.

I usually use Firefox but, at least in its present version, I can't make it open a second window to drag from.

Trying on IE gives the same problem.

I can open this forum in Firefox and another Window in IE.  

When I try to drag the image into the Firefox window from IE, it will not go.   As it crosses from one to the other it just changes into a "no-go" sign.

I can copy from IE and paste into the post, but then the image blocks the frame and I cannot type any text.

Tried to post with the pasted image only, but the image vanishes and the post goes empty.

Maybe my problem is in picking up the image from the second window, I click on the thumbnail and bring up the larger image with sale prices to the right and image caption and keyword details below.   I then try to drag and drop that larger image.  Is that correct?

I recall that there were some other methods mentioned before.

Please can anyone suggest a solution for this, or another way of doing it?

Peter

In Firefox open a new tab then click and hold on the tab header - drag on to your desktop. Gives 2 instances of Firefox and you can drag and drop stuff between them.

You can also right click and copy image location. Then use the image icon in the edit menu to open the insert image dialogue and paste ctrl-V the copied link location in to the URL box.

.....or click on the greenish square icon (11th from left) and enter the URL of the image. You can get the URL by clicking on one of your images in Alamy to get the preview image, then right click to bring up a box with properties at the bottom of the list, copy the address (URL) and paste into the box that as asked for the URL.

John

.....or click on the greenish square icon (11th from left) and enter the URL of the image. You can get the URL by clicking on one of your images in Alamy to get the preview image, then right click to bring up a box with properties at the bottom of the list, copy the address (URL) and paste into the box that as asked for the URL.

John

You beat me to it - I was adding it to my post!

Peter

In Firefox open a new tab then click and hold on the tab header - drag on to your desktop. Gives 2 instances of Firefox and you can drag and drop stuff between them.

Or if you use two monitors as I do, just drag it onto the other one.

Don't even need to do that. While editing the forum post, open the image page in another tab, drag the image to the forum tab at the top of the window and hover over it for a second or so with the mouse held down. Firefox will switch the view back to the first tab and you just drop the pic into where you're editing.

Alan

Don't even need to do that. While editing the forum post, open the image page in another tab, drag the image to the forum tab at the top of the window and hover over it for a second or so with the mouse held down. Firefox will switch the view back to the first tab and you just drop the pic into where you're editing.

Alan

Now I never knew that, thank you.

A1F01F.jpgSo it does!

I am nearly there now.   Putting the URL in the green box brings the image into the post, however it blocks the box so that I can't type any more tripe.

Sale-of-goods-promotion-notice-Crazy-Sto

I am trying here to add text below where I want the image to be, and then I will put the cursor between the lines of text before using the green box. . .

I am nearly there now.   Putting the URL in the green box brings the image into the post, however it blocks the box so that I can't type any more tripe.

I am trying here to add text below where I want the image to be, and then I will put the cursor between the lines of text before using the green box. . .

Pressing 'enter' once or twice locates the cursor and enables rapid tripe augmentation.

Archived