Stockimo QC

When uploading shots to Stockimo, accepted shots will offer a score.

Rejected shots show nothing other than a "rejected" message. Is there some way to find the reason for rejection?

My wife has been uploading to her own Stockimo account & with only a single accepted shot, she has noticed that she can get a rejected message almost immediately after upload. I was wondering therefore if Stockimo shots were QC'd by a software programme?

Despite what you may occasionally read here, QC is not done by software . . . in fact, I'd like to see the software that could consistently check sharpness vs deliberate unsharpness vs common-sense point of focus vs deliberate blurring vs shallow-depth-of-field hitting the sweet-spot vs birds-in-the-distance vs dust-spots etc etc. . . well, you get the picture :-)

As I understand it, stockimo is judged on content/presentation/impact etc.

dd

Despite what you may occasionally read here, QC is not done by software . . . in fact, I'd like to see the software that could consistently check sharpness vs deliberate unsharpness vs common-sense point of focus vs deliberate blurring vs shallow-depth-of-field hitting the sweet-spot vs birds-in-the-distance vs dust-spots etc etc. . . well, you get the picture :-)

As I understand it, stockimo is judged on content/presentation/impact etc.

dd

Pre QC "processing" is software controlled though and rejection is reported rapidly.

It might be a result of settings problem on the phone. 

I don't know if its a phone-related problem or not,  but I do know that  Stockimo are looking for the more quirky, unusual, abstract,  manipulated, enhanced, filter-treated, retrofired,  images. What I'm trying to say is that they do not go for the more traditional  "good stock photograph".  Hope this helps a bit?

Thank you for your replies.

With a rejection of within a couple of minutes during the weekend, makes me think that some of my wife's shots failed a pre-QC check. She has been cropping some - it may be that. I will pass on to her the information about Stockimo requirements.

I do know that the Stockimo app  will not upload an image if it is too small, as it responds with a message "Sorry the photo is too small. Photo must be at least 900pixels in height and width". I also know  that some of the photo apps I have been using downsize the original file to below the acceptance limit, so triggering the message.   But it is possible to check the image size before you try to upload via the app.

What are the sales figures for Stockimo? Anyone getting sales?

Yes.

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/3043-post-your-stockimo-sales-here/

dd

Archived