Conversion from s-RGB to a-RGB should be done as early in the proces as possible which will be in the raw images. If the conversion has to be done in jpg files I am not sure whether I would leave them in s-RGB as this is also accepted and remember the setting for future uploads.

Conversion from s-RGB to a-RGB should be done as early in the proces as possible which will be in the raw images. If the conversion has to be done in jpg files I am not sure whether I would leave them in s-RGB as this is also accepted and remember the setting for future uploads.

Reasons for not converting JPEG's to a-RGB?

I set my cameras to Adobe RGB and use it all through my workflow and upload to libraries as such. Only exception is for social images taken on a small compact which only supports sRGB (not for Alamy). All the cameras I use for serious work use Adobe RGB (and raw files).

When I create images for web use I do convert to sRGB.

No it's just after the raw image (your first saved edit as TIFF, PSD, JPEG, whatever). Colour spaces do not apply to raw files.

For JPGs in sRGB there is no real point converting as you have already lost the wider gamut data that Adobe RGB offers, so I would stay with sRGB - you won't lose anything.

I guess the one exception is if you do post-production and change colour balance on the JPG, then it might be worth going to Adobe RGB at the start. That said I would also convert at the outset from JPG to TIFF to do adjustments so as not to lose any more data when the modified image is resaved as a JPG.

For JPGs in sRGB there is no real point converting as you have already lost the wider gamut data that Adobe RGB offers, so I would stay with sRGB - you won't lose anything.

I guess the one exception is if you do post-production and change colour balance on the JPG, then it might be worth going to Adobe RGB at the start. That said I would also convert at the outset from JPG to TIFF to do adjustments so as not to lose any more data when the modified image is resaved as a JPG.

I just keep my camera's colour space set at RGB. Seems the easiest thing to do.

No it's just after the raw image (your first saved edit as TIFF, PSD, JPEG, whatever). Colour spaces do not apply to raw files.

You are, of course, right.

Should have been "set to a-RGB when you are converting from the raw file"...

Archived