Accessing Alamy on a Samsung Tablet

I can access the web site without a problem but I can't view images., I get the message"Alternate HTML content should be placed here. This content requires Adobe Flash Player, get flash."

Accessing flash player  I get the message "W'ere sorry this content requires Adobe Flash Player which is not supported by your device."

Any workaround possible?

I can access the web site without a problem but I can't view images., I get the message"Alternate HTML content should be placed here. This content requires Adobe Flash Player, get flash."

Accessing flash player  I get the message "W'ere sorry this content requires Adobe Flash Player which is not supported by your device."

Any workaround possible?

I put flash on mine a while ago, and i am pretty sure this is where I got the information on installation and also the link to downloading flash  for android from abobe....

https://forums.adobe.com/message/4675670#4675670

It doesnt work as good as a normal pc but it is usable, i find that it is more user friendly when the tablet is used in portrait mode otherwise in landscape the key board covers your keywording bnoxes etc.

Thanks for the responses.

Couldn't follow your helpful suggestion Steve as I can't find the links on screen under Settings that the Adobe procedure requires.

Your suggestion Geoff lead to my exploring alternative browsers.

Eventually loaded the Browser Flashfox and that does enable me to view pics in Alamy, but the next problem is how do you simulate the double click that is required to access a particular image?

I have a Samsung and haven't had any problems with Alamy.

When searching pictures, if you hover your finger or stylus over an image, you get the small preview. If you touch the image, a separate window opens with the zoomed image. This is using the browser that came with the tablet.

Mine is a Samsung Note 10.1. Had it just over a year.

Jill

Thanks for that Jill.

From memory the default browser on my Galaxy 10 was Chrome, and that will not accommodate Adobe Flash.  What is your browser?

With Flashfox I can see the images, and when reviewing the collection without going through Manage Images, it works as you say, but in Manage Images I need to double click to edit an image, something I can't do.

Thanks for that Jill.

From memory the default browser on my Galaxy 10 was Chrome, and that will not accommodate Adobe Flash.  What is your browser?

With Flashfox I can see the images, and when reviewing the collection without going through Manage Images, it works as you say, but in Manage Images I need to double click to edit an image, something I can't do.

Mine is the one that came with the tablet. It is a world globe icon. I downloaded Chrome, but actually preferred the browser that came with it.

I haven't tried manage images on it, so will do that right now.

Okay, I had to change a dog picture that I had asked about in another thread.

Double tap the pic you want to bring up. Works a charm.

Jill

Betty,

I just tried Puffin Free browser and am stuck at the same point as the OP in #4; can't double click. I can see the images in Manage Images and can drag some into Batch, but can't work on individual images, which is my goal.

Don't see a Firefox app for ipad, but there are some that sound close. I'll post any progress.

edit; I see a $4.99 app that connects to Firefox, haven't tried it yet.

In Puffin Browser you can edit images in search  results as described above. To edit images in Manage Images you need to be using the Trackpad option in Puffin. That will allow double clicking to select an image to work on. 

Archived