Hi I am relatively new to Alamy I have 142 images 139 views 1 zoom and a CTR 0.53 and no sales. Could i be doing something wrong ? my home page is below i would appreciate any comments and help.

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography/20159DAE-C0A0-496B-8633-67A32D478325/1/Paul%20Chambers.html

You have a lot of wildlife images so are up against some very tough competition.  There are also quite a few similars but in all honesty, 142 images is nothing.  You need to get into the 1000s with a lot more variety before you can expect regular sales.

Sorry if that sounds rather negative but stock is tough and getting tougher.  Just upload more variety and keep an eye on what others are selling.

Pearl

Dear Southpole

Thank you for asking for comments - 

Firstly, most people dont make any sales till they have many hundred images available - I am afraid you need to increase numbers!

Secondly although you have 142 images you have a lot of similars - eg. 33 images of statues in salisbury cathedral grounds and many images of big cats which further reduces your chances of sales

You have however, got an average CTR on Alamy (0.53) so people are seeing your images, and within your collection you have some very nice ones I think - the one of the New Forest pony suckling its foal, and the pony sitting down outside the pub are interesting, colourful and in nice light However you also have quite a few images with grey skies and whilst they can sell on Alamy, images with blue skies tend to do better!

Keywording is also important - No image however good will sell, if it cant be found - your image of the horse sitting down which I referred to above (D5J9GF) has horses mis-spelled in the essential keywords, and the image of the cholesterol tablets has an unrecognisable word (colestrial) in the essential field, and only half the drug name.

In summary; you need to continue uploading images; less similars, and improve keywording!

Hope you feel this is positive 

good luck

Kumar sriskandan

No not negative appreciate your reply . So can we see what is being sold ?

Paul

Yes, WH Smiths....magazine and book section.

and follow the "Have you found images for..." threads on this forum

Pearl

My first sale was of my 200-250th. image but it didn't sell until I had over 500 up, and I didn't have another until I had over 1500 up. It's a long game, and a game of variety. I still don't know what constitutes a banker.

Kumar Thanks for your comprehensive reply I have taken that on board . What is a good CTR?

Paul

Paul - A straightforward answer would be anything above average, but I guess a good CTR would be 1 or above (I hasten to add I dont approach anywhere near that!!).

Its all subjective?!

Kumar sriskandan

Paul

Also check All Of Alamy under measures in your account to see what is being sold. I see there were 4 images of Elvis sold on the front page for example

You can get regular sales from far fewer images than is being suggested above. I get 2 -3 per month  on average from around 1000 images (although this month is a little worrying so far  :)  ). There are many people who are doing far better than that.

You need the right images. Compare your Ark Royal or Milennium bridge/wheel pictures with the competition. Ask yourself which you would pick? That is the best way to judge how you are doing.

... yes I know I don't follow my own advice. :D

Paul

Also check All Of Alamy under measures in your account to see what is being sold. I see there were 4 images of Elvis sold on the front page for example

I think that only a faction of images which have been sold are recorded in AOA ...

Archived