I keep meaning to add to my free photoshelter images as I would like to apply for the reportage uploads but I am having problems & have a feeling that photoshelter have stopped the free accounts. Does anyone here know if this is the case as if it is I will need to find another outlet for my website link when I do want to apply for the reportage route. Any help on photoshelter would be really appreciated, thanks,

Libby

Surely it would be more reliable to go through Photoshelter's website word by word to establish whether or not they have ceased their free accounts, than it would be asking a bunch of strangers . . . and of course, there's always Google . . .

dd

PS used to have a small (10GB) free account. I guess this was replaced as John described. I subscribe for about $30. per month and use it for backup and as my website. They also offer great delivery options.

PS used to have a small (10GB) free account. I guess this was replaced as John described. I subscribe for about $30. per month and use it for backup and as my website. They also offer great delivery options.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember that, but it was years ago. I only make the occasional sale through my PS website these days, but it's still managing to pay for itself, and, as you say, it has some useful features. You can still get a basic account for $10 per month.

Photoshelter used to be great but it has lost a bit of its shine lately and theres a few disgruntled stock togs (see their forums to which PS have largely stopped answering queries on).

Am not sure if theres a stand out viable alternative yet though.

If the account is free though - you have nothing to lose. 

Photoshelter used to be great but it has lost a bit of its shine lately and theres a few disgruntled stock togs (see their forums to which PS have largely stopped answering queries on).

Am not sure if theres a stand out viable alternative yet though.

If the account is free though - you have nothing to lose. 

Some perspective:

I've been with PS for years . . . and there have always been some disgruntled users complaining, via the PS forum. There is even a small handful who have been complaining about the same thing for years, namely how it's everybody's fault bar their own that they're not selling . . . hmmm, come to think of it . . . no, better not go there . . . back OT, I see no reason to believe PS has changed significantly of late, but hey, how it's used by individual photographers changes all the time. I for one find it particularly useful, easy to use and financially rewarding. YEMD of course.

dd

Archived