Incorrect "Date Taken" on latest batch

Had a batch of 24 images passed QC this morning and just noticed that all of the "Date Taken" info is wrong by several months, and appears to be the dates on which I edited the shots.

No idea why this should happen and have not seen it before. I have not updated my software or changed my workflow, and my image organizer is still displaying the correct "taken" dates for all the uploaded images.

Is the heat wave effecting my brain, or is something whacky happening?

I mentioned such an issue about 12 months back when periodically my images show as having been taken 01/01/1970. What's bemusing is that the date discrepancy can occur in a series of same day/same camera shots where only a few out of (say) 24 are wrong.

It's still happening occasionally.

1/1/1970 is the linux epoch date there upload system (probably running on a linux box) is probably occasionally having problems with reading a date from a file. By the description it sounds like the system first tries to read the creation date (from exif or something else) then uses the file date and if that fails it uses the default linux date (epoch). 

-Philip

Archived