Problem with uploading photos with high resolution

Hello,

I owned a Nikon D800 for 2 years and I am shooting photos in RAW at 7360x4912 resolution. Till today, i used to upload pics with that size on Alamy without any problem. Then, last week, I started to meet problems as the upload images window in Alamy was tempting unsuccessfully to upload (tried 5 times with each image). I thought it was a problem of the browser but it happened the same thing by using another browser. I waited the next day thinking that Alamy was experiencing some technical problems but then again I got the same problem. My last chance was to lower the resolution down to 5600 and then, bingo, it worked. I would like to know if other contributors with D800 experienced my same problem.

Stefano

I have a D800 and like you, never had a problem.  But my latest uploads for a couple of months have been from the 16mp X-T1, so I haven't tried the large ones lately to see if they upload or not.

Strange.

Betty

Mine tend to be pretty basic as to what I saw. I shoot RAW, so I use contrast, correct white balance if needed, sometimes a bit of a curve. Then a bit of vibrance and clarity.  I don't like landscapes that look garish. It's a fine line between saturated and garish.

Betty

Ditto

Archived