Last night I sold a pic of an oak tree.

When I went into My Summary it showed the picture being searched by its code number. There of course was only 1 photo and it was zoomed, but not credited to me as a zoom or a sale. Now it was zoomed about a month ago.

That affects my CTR if not credited with the zoom, and of course it couldn't have been anyone else's photo they were zooming. 

And surely the sale would have been credited to that zoom, even if it had been zoomed before.

Jill

I have had lots of images searched by the ref number but not zoomed.  They often come through as sales later.  Sales are much more significant than zooms where ranking is concerned so  I wouldn't worry about it.

Pearl

It wasn't a distributor but what confused me is how could the only zoom for the image not be mine? It was searched by the code - only one view - (obviously) - one zoom, but not mine. That's not possible.

Jill

I have had lots of images searched by the ref number but not zoomed.  They often come through as sales later.  Sales are much more significant than zooms where ranking is concerned so  I wouldn't worry about it.

Pearl

The confusing part is, it was zoomed, but according to the summary, not my zoom. That isn't possible as it was searched by the code and of course only had 1 view. If it was zoomed, and it was according to Alamy, it would have to be my zoom. It couldn't have been for anyone else. It's more the mystery of it that bothers me.

Jill

I'd query it with MS.

If the stats show that the image was searched by image ref and there was 1 zoom, then I agree, it has to be your image that was zoomed (there's only 1 image with that ref).

So it should appear as a row in your detailed stats as

Search term = Alamy Ref, Your views = 1, Your zooms = 1, Your CTR = 100%, Total views = 1, Total Zooms = 1

I'd take a screen shot of the table and email MS.

I don't think Measures works very accurately as there are often inconsistencies like that.  Sometimes it shows, for example, 13 total views for a subject that has 100s of images.  It isn't possible to select 13 per page when searching so how can only 13 show up?

Pearl

Archived