Rights managed or royalty free?

I only took a quick look at your images but I would suggest having someone check your spelling. I also didn't understand some keywords on your meercat. Comparethemarket.com? Keywording is very, very important in making sales.

Paulette

I only took a quick look at your images but I would suggest having someone check your spelling. I also didn't understand some keywords on your meercat. Comparethemarket.com? Keywording is very, very important in making sales.

Paulette

It's a British thing! There is an advertising campaign where they use animated Meercats for Comparethemarket.com and jokingly there is a website called Comparethemeercat.com

Which one is best for volume of sales I have most my images RM and wonder if I'm best to have them as RF. I have only sold 3 pictures in about 5 years and have 688 images.

Quick look at a few pages of your images shows that most of them couldn't be RF, all those at thruxton, anything that includes unreleased people, products or owned animals.

You might also want to look at your captioning there seems to be a lack of detail. For example none of the bikes state the rider or even the make of bike.

Also, 311 of your images are of Thruxton races, so take those out and your down to 357 images of other subjects. Also about keywording, on the bikes you should include motorbike and motorcycle. 

Jill

When I go to any event like Thruxton, I make a point of buying a programme/catalogue which often gives good information for keywording.  

Generic pictures of motor bikes in action have a lot of competition, but if you have the rider's name it could be just what is needed if the rider is in the news later.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived