Fuji XE1 or XE2...?

I`m thinking of dipping my toe into the Fuji X pool. Current UK price for EX1 + 15-55 lens is £599. EX2 is £1149.

I know there are a lot of Fuji users here on the forum; worth paying the extra £550 for the XE2?

Thanks

Joe

Thanks, Pearl.

Just noticed that  there`s a free lens offer with both cameras if you buy the camera with 15-55 zoom lens:

XC 50-230 with XE1 and XF55-200 with XE2. I`d prefer the 55-200. If i bought the 55-200 to go with the XE1 it would be

about the same price as the XE2 with 15-55 and free 55-200. Mmm...

Currently in the UK they are giving away the 55-200 with the X-E2 kit, which makes it a bargain. just make sure you get it from a fuji dealer who do this offer.
There's a lot of talk on the web of dirty sensors on X-E2 and X-T1 as in dust under sensor glass. Just a heads up

David

I enjoyed my X-E1 despite slow AF, until I got my X-T1 then the X-E1 seemed glacially slow. I would therefore go with the X-E1 if I was buying now and the X-T1 was not in the frame for whatever reason.

I have kept the X-E1 as backup as the trade-in/second-hand value is modest - it is still a viable quality camera for the right subjects.

Archived