Colour cast on todays cover.

David Davies

I agree. Green casts are not aesthetically pleasing (to my eye). It would look much better to me in black and white or toned. Good picture though - certainly catches her mood of anticipation of what is going to happen when she gets off the plane.

There seems to be a bit of noise too, which I am not keen on, and easy to remove. 

Allan

Red card coming?

It doesn't seem to be on sale. The info popup says it is 'B4M4CN Kate Adie looking out of a helicopter window' but searching on the reference number draws a blank. Searching for 'Kate Adie' brings up 74 results but this picture isn't among them. Am I missing something?

Well, news photos often/usually don't get color correction, brightness adjustment, noise reduction....  even when taken in challenging lighting situations such as helicopter shot.

Getting news images out to client/agencies as soon as possible usually is crucial; plus, leaving color, brightness... as is helps photographer not run afoul of news agencies/outlets' strict rules against altering images in any way that alters reality of scene.

(FWIW, I like the photo with green cast.)

all the best - Ann

Since you have an old-fashioned pub to go to, David, seems you're the real winner :)   - Ann

OK Ann, you win, I'm going to the old fashioned pub now, no, not "The Greene Man"

Cheers, David ;)

Archived