Anyone have an iPad? - need help with something

Morning all

I know someone on here is likely to have an iPad. Why? I'm trying to get hold of something through an app but because I don't have an iPad I can't view it.

if you do have one, can you tell me if it is possible to pdf something from the iPad?

Thanks for any help!

Jools

Thanks all.

My primary problem is I don't have an iPad. I was hoping to look at a mag on HD SLR for an article but despite having iTunes I can't see the contents.

Trying to think more about creating video content and there was something I wanted to read.

Anyone willing to see if they could PDF that for me?

Can you Google the Apple site, then look for the App Store? If you can buy songs at iTunes, you should be able to buy and download apps. Failing that, can you visit an Apple Store in Tours? (As with all things digital, Jools, take what I say with a gain of salt.) 

Thanks Ed! :D

Doesn't seem to be that simple. I can download the iTunes software for Windows and then get the app. The problem is that I can't see the pages of the magazine.

This morning I called the mag and they said you actually needed an iPad to be able to see the pages.

HDSLR magazine appears in "Newsstand" on the iPad and isn't a pdf, unfortunately. It's in whatever proprietary format Newsstand publications are in and sandboxed to the app.

Having said that, an article can be exported a page at a time into Pages (the IOS/OSX WP) and from there can be exported as a pdf.

I've just given this a go and it works in principle but the recent update of Pages causes my iPad to freeze when I'm browsing documents. The only way out of this is a hard reset. I'm hoping Apple issue a for a fix for this soon. Hopefully, Lynne isn't plagued by the same problem.

And just in case anyone's wondering, HDSLR magazine is a free eMag and so we're not really being naughty, thieving bar stewards.

HDSLR magazine appears in "Newsstand" on the iPad and isn't a pdf, unfortunately. It's in whatever proprietary format Newsstand publications are in and sandboxed to the app.

Having said that, an article can be exported a page at a time into Pages (the IOS/OSX WP) and from there can be exported as a pdf.

I've just given this a go and it works in principle but the recent update of Pages causes my iPad to freeze when I'm browsing documents. The only way out of this is a hard reset. I'm hoping Apple issue a for a fix for this soon. Hopefully, Lynne isn't plagued by the same problem.

And just in case anyone's wondering, HDSLR magazine is a free eMag and so we're not really being naughty, thieving bar stewards.

Thanks Russell I managed to take screen shots of the pages in Newsstand and email them to Jools. Not the best solution but I will try your option when I get a minute as the screen shots were pretty large files for emailing.

Lynne

What Lynne did was very kind. I'd like to know though if there is an actual mag out there. I "think" there is but I'm not sure. if there is I think I'll be sending a message from France to the UK to someone I know who would pick it up for me.

Archived