Realized I should probably put a relevant pic or two in here as well... First one is of a typical day with the warrant team of the Street Narcotics Unit in Kansas City. Guy could not grasp the command "get on the ground" and required some assistance. Second one is one of my favorites, a kid at our youth prison with a dog. These dogs are taken from shelters literally days before they're due to be put down because nobody wants to adopt them. The dogs are then trained by an inmate that has to meet some pretty strict criteria to participate, and  more often than not the dogs end up going to some individual with special needs that needs a dog to help out around the place. pretty nifty I think...

BAHJAW.jpg

AEG5BX.jpg

"I love to shoot/produce concepts" GK

There are three great ones at Corbis. 

Dollars in a dystopean landscape, what looks like a swimming pool until you realise it's an office and footprints in an office.

It's probably breaking the rules too far to give links, but goes under the moniker GK Kidd. Do an advanced search.

RB

Cheers Robert...

Since most are posting images I'll put up my favourite ones that are on Alamy.

DXJ2RE.jpgDBFKXY.jpgDEKM34.jpg

Part of what still excites me about 'photography' are the possibilites now with other software and integration into/with photography.

Part of what still excites me about 'photography' are the possibilites now with other software and integration into/with photography.

Love that stuff Geoff. I wanted to do that kind of thing 40 years ago but I never got past first base because I wasn't single-minded enough to create the infrastructure necessary to do it with film. Somewhere in a box in a cupboard I think I still have a notebook with some ideas jotted down. As you say, so much easier now but my tired old brain no longer generates the ideas as easily.

Alan

You be careful out there, Paulette.  :)

Agreed! At least i can put on a vest and helmet but i dont think they've made vests that'll stand up to the Big Cats yet!

You know, I am sad to say that I will be in more danger in Nairobi on my next trip to Africa (in 2015) than I will be in the Masai Mara. Believe me, I always go with very experienced guides and am almost always in a vehicle. I was walking with the bears in Alaska, though. You should see the release I have to sign when I go with my photographic safari company. It goes on and on about what can happen and the fact that there may not be medical help nearby. Although it seems that many doctors like this kind of travel and there are usually plenty among us. When wild animals are habituated to the presence of people they are pretty easy to be around. Of course, the guy who fancied himself the "grizzly man" got his girlfriend as well as himself devoured. He used to make me very angry because he wasn't treating the bears with the respect that such wild creatures deserve. Very sad case.

I will be careful. I promise. Actually the guide I had in Alaska said he wanted to come to New York but was afraid. I told him I'd be his guide.

Paulette

D5E20Y.jpg

If I may creep in here, before New York awakes, this is one I would like to have taken.  It's by a certain Mr Rooney.

One of the great things about Alamy - aside from the pay, that is - is that every so often you can come across an image that takes your breath away.  This does it for me. 

It’s a great image.  And it’s not about shopping in my view.  I won't embarrass Mr Rooney any further by boring on about it.

RB

Robert-

just had to step in and say that I tried to click the green thing next to your post, and clicked the other one... sorry.

But I do agree, this is a great image and displays many (of those illusive?) characteristics of a very salable image which tells a story, simply but efficiently... and the esthetics drive it home. That's what I consider a successful image.

-Jason

Subject shooter here. ~90% studio work shot for the editorial market (textbooks). The remainng ~10% is on location, with ~half of that shot for the market and the other half - "pretty" travel pictures.

For the past several months had been shooting for the commercial market (and a different agency), 100% studio concepts.

GI

Archived