Just seen a request on Photographers Direct wanting files for $125 each showing several major stock exchange floors. Requirement - to be able to enlarge to at least 30 x 40 feet and 'still have crisp resolution'. PD assesses submitted files at... 500 pixels wide :-)

(WHERE did the G in Gigapixels go when I edited it?)

Yes, I got a giggle out of that one too. Perhaps it's for Donald Trump's executive washroom.

At 30' high x 40' wide that would be one heck of an executive washroom.

There are a few jokes there - not that I would be the one who'd dare repeat them....!

Must admit PD is getting to be more of a joke with some of the ridiculous requests that pop up. :wacko:

It does seem to be the end of the line for some picture researchers, but I guess it must be worth the effort to get that shot of a one-legged, middle-aged, Hispanic unicyclist shopping at Walmart with a hair-dryer in one hand and a frown on their face.  Esoteric requests?  Whaddya mean?! :lol:

Yes, I got a giggle out of that one too. Perhaps it's for Donald Trump's executive washroom.

At 30' high x 40' wide that would be one heck of an executive washroom.

There are a few jokes there - not that I would be the one who'd dare repeat them....!

Yes, we all know that "The Donald" is full of you-know-what. But best not to go there...

Archived