wall art - Print on Demand Sales Q2-2024

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Retail poster
Print run: up to 1,000
Image Size: up to 1/8 area
Start: 30 July 2024
End: 30 July 2027
wall art - Print on Demand Sales Q2-2024

Wondering what it means and why the price difference for the same licence for what looks like the same user.

$ 53.44

$ 8.55

I had one of those today ($4.53), exactly the same terms.

It's an image that I probably should have originally marked as being for editorial use only. However, I did check the no property release box.

Just now, John Mitchell said:

I had one of those today ($4.53), exactly the same terms.

It's an image that I probably should have originally marked as being for editorial use only. However, I did check the no property release box.

It is a very low fee for a consumer calendar🤑

A reply from Alamy says that these are from print sales through partners ( eg Media Storehouse)and the price reflects the size/product chosen by the customer.

Not sure about the Print Run or 1/8 area. The wording of the licence doesn't always match the reality. My understanding is that these are for a one-off print or poster.

I can't see mine on Media Storehouse.

A 'Buy a Print' option is coming to Alamy soon -which I very much welcome

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

A 'Buy a Print' option is coming to Alamy soon -which I very much welcome

I used the opera web browser and can access the 'buy the print' button now. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lynchpics said:

I used the opera web browser and can access the 'buy the print' button now. 

Thanks.

That makes sense because the Alamy reply mentioned it and I didn't realise that it was live. I don't see any 'Buy the Print' option on Safari or Chrome.

I have not used Safari or opera to log into Alamy and i can see the print button when i use either of them (not logged in). Using chrome, my goto browser for alamy, i can not see the print button. 

Just now, Lynchpics said:

Yeah, 60/40 is the killer. 

That must be before Mediastore House takes their share.

Not much left for the photographer from £9.99 for a 10 x8 print.

31 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Not celebrating yet then.

The prices appear to be the standard ones at Media Storehouse so I assume that they know the market.

Personally I think this is a great move to try and develop consumer sales for our images.

But there will be others who sell direct facing a dilemma. 

5 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Personally I think this is a great move to try and develop consumer sales for our images.

I imagine that if you were the sort of photographer who promoted his work via a blog it could be very handy, and credit to you for doing it. Photographers who already sell their prints via another route will not be so pleased which is why some notice would have been reasonable I would think.

4 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I imagine that if you were the sort of photographer who promoted his work via a blog it could be very handy, and credit to you for doing it. Photographers who already sell their prints via another route will not be so pleased which is why some notice would have been reasonable I would think.

I am sure that my 15 blog subscribers will be brimming with excitement! 😁

It's an interesting blog and your archive pictures are particularly fascinating, print sales can only help I would have thought. The margins will be low but at least there's nothing to administer. I absolutely agree that it's a good move, I've no problem with people buying a print, I always had a problem with them getting a high resolution download for next to nothing.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

It's an interesting blog and your archive pictures are particularly fascinating, print sales can only help I would have thought. The margins will be low but at least there's nothing to administer. I absolutely agree that it's a good move, I've no problem with people buying a print, I always had a problem with them getting a high resolution download for next to nothing.

Kind words. Thanks Harry.

1 hour ago, Rubens Alarcon said:

The "Buy the print" option does not show on Chrome, but it does on Edge. The license options on the right are also all gone on Edge. You only have the option to buy a Standard or an Enhanced license. ?

I'm also seeing the Print on Demand and Standard and Enhanced licence options in Brave Browser (which like Edge is based on Chromium) but only when not signed in. As soon as I'm signed in I get the usual licence options and no POD.

It looks like Alamy are experimenting with / testing the new options on new customers only using some (less popular?) browsers?

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

This is what the prices are showing (using Firefox) over here on the other side of the planet (almost):

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1