Russian Federation editorial sales

imageplotter

Does anyone know if individual photographers can limit editorial sales to certain territories? I know they can be limited for distributor sales, and I have had many of the territories limited for a number of years now, as well as novelty use and certain other uses. But obviously, that has so far not been possible for direct editorial sales. Have not seen Russian Federation sales for a while, but this morning, a bunch came in, all Royal images, magazine use on a lowish circulation of 10k. For the rather pitiful sum of $2 gross each. 

I am uncomfortable with these sales due to the territory.  If anyone knows a way to limit editorial sales for certain territories, please let me know.

I think you can only opt out of distributor sales, and only in April.

I would also rather roast my eyes on skewers than supply Putin, and thought that sanctions effectively banned legitimate trade with Russia. but assuming sanctions don't cover this I don't think we have an option.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Does anyone know if individual photographers can limit editorial sales to certain territories? I know they can be limited for distributor sales, and I have had many of the territories limited for a number of years now, as well as novelty use and certain other uses. But obviously, that has so far not been possible for direct editorial sales. Have not seen Russian Federation sales for a while, but this morning, a bunch came in, all Royal images, magazine use on a lowish circulation of 10k. For the rather pitiful sum of $2 gross each. 

I am uncomfortable with these sales due to the territory.  If anyone knows a way to limit editorial sales for certain territories, please let me know.

I sympathise with you and your comments. I have only been able to exclude distributor sales to countries with human rights issues (Russia, North Korea, Israel for example). Perhaps Alamy should make a stand and refuse  Russian Federation sales. I would gladly lose revenue rather than gain a sale in these instances.

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1

Remember you chose to name these countries yourself.

You are on a very sticky wicket if you equate Israel with Russia and North Korea in any respect.

Edited by spacecadet

19 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Remember you chose to name these countries yourself.

You are on a very sticky wicket if you equate Israel with Russia and North Korea in any respect.

A photo of a vet looking at a dog on an examining table was turned into a photo of the same person with the same watch with the same everything else except a charred mass where the dog had been.  Captioned as a Hamas atrocity, burning of an Israeli baby.   Might have been the Photohop work of some psychotic person, not sponsored or approved by the Israeli government.   I dunno.

I wouldn't want any photograph of mine to be used to create fake atrocity photos for any country, cultural group or freelance psycho.

I had a sale yesterday for $2, to the "Russian federation". it was listed as a distributor sale. Of the 7 countries I've opted into in the distributor scheme, Russia was definitely not one of them, how is this sale possible?

16 hours ago, sooth said:

I had a sale yesterday for $2, to the "Russian federation". it was listed as a distributor sale. Of the 7 countries I've opted into in the distributor scheme, Russia was definitely not one of them, how is this sale possible?

I think you opt out of distro countries, not in.

19 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

A photo of a vet looking at a dog on an examining table was turned into a photo of the same person with the same watch with the same everything else except a charred mass where the dog had been.  Captioned as a Hamas atrocity, burning of an Israeli baby.   Might have been the Photohop work of some psychotic person, not sponsored or approved by the Israeli government.   I dunno.

I wouldn't want any photograph of mine to be used to create fake atrocity photos for any country, cultural group or freelance psycho.

Please let's not turn this into an Israel/Hamas discussion, all I want to know if there is a way to limit editorial sales by territory in the same way that I can limit distributor sales.

8 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I think you opt out of distro countries, not in.

FALSE.

"Or select territories then update below

A summary of the territories you have opted in to are shown below (arranged by continent). You can opt in to more territories any time through My Alamy. The red tick shows a territory which you can't opt out of until April each year."