Alamy Content tweets

geogphotos

Question

12 answers to this question

No one uses X anymore... And not that many people used it in the first place. Journalists just loved it and were very vocal about it.

Who knows with Alamy. Maybe they weren't seeing much engagement?

It became "politically incorrect" when it loosened up its control over speech. Just my opinion, by the way. Not intending to be political here.

Paulette

2 minutes ago, NYCat said:

It became "politically incorrect" when it loosened up its control over speech. Just my opinion, by the way. Not intending to be political here.

Paulette

Google: Paradox of tolerance.

wim

The 'Alamy Editorial' account is still pretty active. It's Alamy Live News & PA Wire though, promoting the latest news stories, or promoting interesting, topical images that might be picked up.

Edited by Harry Harrison

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

You know that thing about black swans...

Come on... Let's not dive deeper in the off-topic, otherwise I would argue on the real black swans and reliability of a modeling again 🙂

• Thanks 1

Twitter (X) has millions of users Worldwide so it has puzzled me why the @AlamyContent account just went dead last February. I used to use it to promote my portfolio/gallery links and also for entering the POTM challenge which was created by @AlamyContent (many of us have been taking part in this for years - not just since Alamy started flagging it up on the forum!). It's a bit academic now anyway as the Share To Twitter button under images stopped working ages ago (for me at least). No idea if that is down to changes at Twitter or Alamy. I don't understand why Alamy hasn't commented on this - especially as there is still a Tweets from @AlamyContent section on the forum index page.  Not a good look when the latest Tweets shown are nearly five months old.