How to select which photo goes on the front of a batch of News images..?

DrewMcArthur

Question

Hi there hive mind...

I'm new to Alamy but not stock photography. I have my news contributor status accepted and have already made some submissions. I have tried to search for the answer to this question already but can't see anything so am hoping for some guidance from someone in the know.

My question is, when I submit a batch of photos from a newsworthy event how do I select which photo out of that batch is the cover photo? For clarification, the customer looking through news pages for that day will see images provided by contributors from all over the world, from all kinds of events, they at first only see one photo and when they click on that photo, they get to see the whole shoot. Up until this point, Alamy has been selecting which photo goes on top but I would like to be able to control that so I can (obviously) put the most appealing/relevant/best shot on display.

Any tips a greatly appreciated.

Regards

Drew

6 answers to this question

I add an 'a' to the image number for the photograph I wish to be on show. So in the case of my Nikon cameras it would be _aDSCXXXX

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I add an 'a' to the image number for the photograph I wish to be on show. So in the case of my Nikon cameras it would be _aDSCXXXX

Good advice!

21 hours ago, Avpics said:

ah so simple, I love it, thanks very much for the guidance!

On 29/05/2024 at 14:58, Avpics said:

That's useful, I'll try it. 
I asked Alamy News about this a while ago as I usually add filenames relevant to the event, followed by 001/002 etc - but that doesn't work in the news feed, even though Alamy's reply was:

"The lead image will usually be the image numbered first in your selection."

Not sure it makes a huge difference, but often the image I have chosen as the cover photo is the one used. I just upload that one image first and then upload the rest using the Upload More tab.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2024 at 07:58, Avpics said:

I have just tried it, and it works, Thanks