AI that does EVERYTHING -- is this it ?!?

Frankly, I've always found post-processing to be tedious and confusing (Photoshop and the like are the work of the devil IMO), so I would be happy to let AI do all the PP work. I'd of course never go back to film, but things sure were a lot easier when all you had to worry about was getting the camera settings right.

Guess I lack NI. 😎

• Like 1

I appreciate some of the AI developments, but I also value the human decision making and creative choices that go into any creative endeavour. I do wonder if there will be a reactionary movement against too much AI. For me photo editing is like a meditation where I get absorbed in creating a version of the Raw file I like. If too much is done for me it would feel like a loss. I appreciate how much easier certain editing features have become, but I still want some artistic license in producing an image I feel intuitively happy with. As long as the option remains to still be able to creatively control parameters myself I will be happy.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

I appreciate some of the AI developments, but I also value the human decision making and creative choices that go into any creative endeavour. I do wonder if there will be a reactionary movement against too much AI. For me photo editing is like a meditation where I get absorbed in creating a version of the Raw file I like. If too much is done for me it would feel like a loss. I appreciate how much easier certain editing features have become, but I still want some artistic license in producing an image I feel intuitively happy with. As long as the option remains to still be able to creatively control parameters myself I will be happy.

Yes, a lot depends on the type of image. Hopefully, if/when the AI gods take over, they will let us switch back to NI if we don't like what they are doing to a particular image. I've always been a fan of manual overrides.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

> Wim: Here's one that does tagging and more. Excire.

Wim, thanks!
As with almost any new workflow
I will wait for hands-on reports from
others
before joining the fray...

> SallyR: I also value the human decision making and creative choices

SallyR, yes I would maintain some creativity
via a final touch-up of all images before releasing,
but I balance that with overwhelming desire to be
frequently published & paid...varied volume is one
way to achieve that AFAICT...

Hi Jeff, yes you are quite correct. If it speeds up the process of uploads and therefore licences it can be a good thing. I’m guessing they will always maintain some level of creative autonomy and manual controls, as I think photographers would stop buying software that took too much of that autonomy away. So like John mentions above, as long as we can still use our natural intelligence with the software and override AI when we want to, it can be a convenient tool.

I use Capture One and I do occasionally try out some presets and styles they provide, especially if I am a bit stuck and not happy with my own edits of an image. I’ve also learned some things from seeing how these automatic adjustments change certain parameters that I have then fed back into how I do my manual editing.

• Like 2