Hello and thank you for accepting me

Rod

Hello - I am retired and enjoying life traveling the world and capturing beautiful memories.  I just started uploading photos, but I have a question.  After uploading, I then searched google for my name and than the picture title - but I didn't see any results.  Should I be able to see my pictures on Alamy by searching the web with my name or picture title?  

Thanks in advance!

Rod

• Love 1

19 hours ago, Rod said:

Hello - I am retired and enjoying life traveling the world and capturing beautiful memories.  I just started uploading photos, but I have a question.  After uploading, I then searched google for my name and than the picture title - but I didn't see any results.  Should I be able to see my pictures on Alamy by searching the web with my name or picture title?  

Thanks in advance!

Rod

You may have noticed the warning on the Alamy Image Manager page where you upload and keyword/tag your images:

Please note: it may take up to 24 hours for your data to become available. Please check here for updates.

That is because the main database updates once every 24 hours. But that may be at night where you live.

I see 16 images now, when I click on the number 3 underneath your name, Why 3 and not 16? Probably because the main database has updated, but the numbers here are running a bit behind.

wim

I love your images. You need to go back and check your work in the image manager. You need to unselect an image before moving to the next one. I noticed your zebras are captioned as bluebirds. It's the only one I checked. It's annoying to have to continually deselect but you'll get used to it. I see you have enjoyed wonderful travels.

Paulette

On 22/02/2024 at 06:48, NYCat said:

I love your images. You need to go back and check your work in the image manager. You need to unselect an image before moving to the next one. I noticed your zebras are captioned as bluebirds. It's the only one I checked. It's annoying to have to continually deselect but you'll get used to it. I see you have enjoyed wonderful travels.

Paulette

Thanks so much for your guidance - I did notice this and I agree - it is a little annoying.  

On 22/02/2024 at 06:12, wiskerke said:

You may have noticed the warning on the Alamy Image Manager page where you upload and keyword/tag your images:

Please note: it may take up to 24 hours for your data to become available. Please check here for updates.

That is because the main database updates once every 24 hours. But that may be at night where you live.

I see 16 images now, when I click on the number 3 underneath your name, Why 3 and not 16? Probably because the main database has updated, but the numbers here are running a bit behind.

wim

On 22/02/2024 at 06:12, wiskerke said:

wim

Thank you so much for your assistance.  I was curious if once the images are uploaded if you can search google by artist/photographer name or image title or if it is only visible in the Alamy platform.

15 minutes ago, Rod said:

Thank you so much for your assistance.  I was curious if once the images are uploaded if you can search google by artist/photographer name or image title or if it is only visible in the Alamy platform.

it's on google now.  google database takes time to update, but fortunately alamy is a highly ranked website so their pages get updated quicker. also it wouldn't be in alamy's interest to block google if they want to sell to as wide an audience as possible.

Edited by sooth

you might also want to double check these two images

photo of eastern bluebirds Image ID: 2WK3W81
Eastern Bluebird and Fledgling Feeding Time
the pseudonym is Eastern Bluebird Feeding Time / Alamy Stock Photo

photo of zebras Image ID: 2WK3W4J
The caption of photo is Eastern Bluebird and Fledgling Feeding Time

the pseudonym is Eastern Bluebird Feeding Time / Alamy Stock Photo

Looks like Rod has had enough with Alamy's QC. Looks like he'll be leaving post haste. I wish newcomers would read the T&C's when signing up before complaining about them afterwards.

• Love 2