Live News Images

Howard Sayer

Question

I have just posted some images onto the live news feed - first time used in many years. In addition to appearing on the Alamy Live news feed my images appear in my Alamy Image manager page with the headline/caption information but appear as "not on sale". I'm not sure what the next step is as I was thought they are already for sale through the news feed. I've emailed Alamy but so far haven't received any response so any guidance would be helpful.

5 answers to this question

They will appear as not for sale if you haven't added a caption and 'enough' keywords. If you annotate them as stock they will appear as on sale.
However the old and very sensible practice of live news being restricted to the news feed and therefore only available at proper prices to genuine news customers is long gone. Your live news images will come up in a stock search as soon as you have added a caption.

• Like 2

On 30/01/2024 at 14:48, Sultanpepa said:

How many keywords do you have? I think you need minimum 5.

Filling put the second page (releases etc) also helps, and I *think* (can't remember) means you only need 4 keywords for the image to go 'on sale' in news and stock, as Phil has said. (Obv the words are 'very key' as 4-5 is a minimum requirement).

• Like 1

They normally (as a live new contributor) will stay on the live news feed for a couple of days, then they are taken down and added to your normal port, provided all the captions etc are done.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 17:36, aphperspective said:

They normally (as a live new contributor) will stay on the live news feed for a couple of days, then they are taken down and added to your normal port, provided all the captions etc are done.

As Phil mentioned earlier, these days the images go into the stock portal at the same time that they go onto the live news feed, wheres they only stay on the LN feed for around 2 days, as you say.