Earlier this year, Alymy announced future payments for detecting unreported use. Many of us rejoiced then. I was waiting for this payment, but it was cancelled today. I'm $500 gross lighter. C'est la vie

Perhaps it will get re-invoiced? 

I had a $$$ infringement last year that then got cancelled and a month later was re-invoiced, but sadly for half of the amount. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Radim said:

Earlier this year, Alymy announced future payments for detecting unreported use. Many of us rejoiced then. I was waiting for this payment, but it was cancelled today. I'm $500 gross lighter. C'est la vie

I had a $250 gross infringement licence refunded today, but then rebilled with same terms. But then a $70 refund with different terms for the same image which immediately cleared. I've no idea what's going on. I need to look back and check the full sales history for that image...

Mark

I've had pretty lackluster experiences with Alamy infringments at least in the past year - to make a long story short, found a bunch of unreported uses and took the time to report and it has not resulted in anything despite Alamy saying they'd pursue.  Just the other day I found about 10 of my images being used in online articles of a single outlet, apparently through a distributor (Legion media) - that date back quite a while.  I'm debating whether its even worth taking the time to report to Alamy - both because the licensing price had they been legitimately billed would probably be very low and because I'm not sure that anything would come of reporting based on my previous experiences.  Lots of time, high risk of 0 payoff, low reward if successful. 

54 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I had a $250 gross infringement licence refunded today, but then rebilled with same terms. But then a $70 refund with different terms for the same image which immediately cleared. I've no idea what's going on. I need to look back and check the full sales history for that image...

Mark

A very similar thing happened to me. The slight difference is that the new price has been reduced by $75 from the original $250 gross.

Radim

Mmm... I just looked back at the history of "sales" on this image. The $75 credit today relates to a cleared sale from March 2023 for which I'd already been paid and possibly has nothing to do with the infringement licence for the same image that was invoiced at $250 in Jan 23, then refunded $250 today, and now re-invoiced at $250 today. Although it's the same territory and an unusual image - so maybe it's all related. I'll wait another 24 hours and then query with Alamy if the $75 doesn't get re-invoiced again. At this rate I'll owe Alamy money this month.:(

Mark