Long Shot..........Bath Chronicle

Martin L

Question

This is a bit of a long shot but does anyone on here in the UK get the Bath Chronicle? Particularly the 4th May edition

I was searching online for any uses and some obscure website 'FreeLibrary' contained a text extract from the Bath Chronicle, 4th May with tantalizingly a line 'Pic: LecartPhotos / Alamy Stock Photo'  (my pseudonym) but as it was text, no actual image.

I just wanted to check if it was really used in the printed version.

Ta

17 answers to this question

Mr Standfast

Big favour to ask.

Is it possible you can grab a screenshot of where it was used in the paper?

This has got a little, shall we say interesting.

It may help other users to check out any images that have recently been licensed to newspapers.

When searching for the image on Alamy, I was surprised to see my image and another duplicate displayed.

One was captioned and attributed to me and the other had a more thorough caption started with 'Undated image handout" and the contributor was PAMedia.

Contributor relations are aware and seem to have sorted it out.

If I was cynical......ok I won't go there.

If I'm not being cynical, it was just some confusion on using the image but then it was inadvertently added back into Alamy as part of the PAMedia collection.

This may have happened to others so beware as it didn't look like I would receive the 'benefit' for its use, hence the screenshot would help.

If not don't worry.

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Martin,  dropbox doe not want to play today.

Post a temprary email and I'll send it over.

(Clearly credited Pic: LecartPhotos/Alamy Stock Photo)

Yes, sorry about asking, thanks for this

Temp Email : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Martin L
removed email

The Chronicle used to be a very decent local newspaper now it is just one of those corporate nonsense ones full of puff lifestyle pieces about trendy restaurants etc.

You may or may not have heard about the famous Bath historical figure of Beau Nash. 

"Beau Nash, born Richard Nash, was a celebrated dandy and leader of fashion in 18th-century Britain. He is best remembered as the Master of Ceremonies at the spa town of Bath"

The current iteration of the Chronic referred to this famous character as 'Bone Ash'.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

The Chronicle used to be a very decent local newspaper now it is just one of those corporate nonsense ones full of puff lifestyle pieces about trendy restaurants etc.

You may or may not have heard about the famous Bath historical figure of Beau Nash. 

"Beau Nash, born Richard Nash, was a celebrated dandy and leader of fashion in 18th-century Britain. He is best remembered as the Master of Ceremonies at the spa town of Bath"

The current iteration of the Chronic referred to this famous character as 'Bone Ash'.

One redeeming feature is the quality of images they choose :) 

24 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Are you sure that it is just the Chron and not distributed through all the other regionals owned by Reach?

It's in the hands of Contributor Relations so I'll see what they come up with

Martin,

Not sure if you're aware of these uses of LecartPhotos images, (also found on Readly), as follows;

Birdwatching Magazine June 2023 Page 72
Red Breasted Merganser, Mergus serrator, Swimming On A Lake Looking For Food Showing Clear Tufted Head And Red Eyes - Image ID: 2AYGJNR LecartPhotos

Birdwatching Magazine February 2023 Small inset image on cover
Pair Of Eurasian Male And Female Widgeon, Anas Penelope, FeedIng On A Salt Marsh. Taken at Stanpit Marsh UK - Image ID: 2BJ0AE0 LecartPhotos

Birdwatching Magazine January 2023 Page 62
Red Breasted Merganser, Mergus serrator, Swimming On A Lake Looking For Food Showing Clear Tufted Head And Red Eyes - Image ID: 2AYGJNR LecartPhotos

Birdwatching Magazine Autumn 2022 - Page Image flipped left to right

Schöne Woche Magazine Nr24 2021 Page 20

Close up Of An Elephant Hawk Moth, Deilephila elpenor, Resting On A Log With Diffuse Brown Background. Taken at Blashford Lakes UK - Image ID: 2C69WA9
NB. Image is credited to LeCartPhotos/Shutterstock so may not be an Alamy sale?

Mark

25 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Martin,

Not sure if you're aware of these uses of LecartPhotos images, (also found on Readly), as follows;

Birdwatching Magazine June 2023 Page 72

Birdwatching Magazine February 2023 Small inset image on cover
Pair Of Eurasian Male And Female Widgeon, Anas Penelope, FeedIng On A Salt Marsh. Taken at Stanpit Marsh UK - Image ID: 2BJ0AE0 LecartPhotos

Birdwatching Magazine January 2023 Page 62

Birdwatching Magazine Autumn 2022 - Page Image flipped left to right

Schöne Woche Magazine Nr24 2021 Page 20

Close up Of An Elephant Hawk Moth, Deilephila elpenor, Resting On A Log With Diffuse Brown Background. Taken at Blashford Lakes UK - Image ID: 2C69WA9
NB. Image is credited to LeCartPhotos/Shutterstock so may not be an Alamy sale?

Mark

Thanks Mark, kind of you to let me know

In the tradition of swopping football cards in the playground

Got

Got

Got

Got

Got

:)

Yes the last one was my brief dalliance with MicroStock

11 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I generally find the current standard of journalism in titles from the regional chains and often turned out at central offices well away from the site of the 'news' abysmal.