Another category in Manage Images

Guest Ian Murray

Guest Ian Murray

I'd like the option to 'quick publish' images and then go back when I have more time and add more detailed keywords. 

Guest Ian Murray

I'd like the ability to sort pics using a different category so that I know which ones are finished and which ones are only partially finished but on sale.

For example, I have 50 different pics of Mersea Island, Essex, England

It would be great to be able to publish them with just that caption to get them on sale quickly and then work through them gradually so that as I finish them I can move them from one category to the final 'On sale' one.

If that makes sense!?

Maybe its just me... :)

Interesting idea Ian and why not! I have around 200 images or so that need sorting. if I could just stick in a title that was searchable that would remove a big headache of having to fully kw those images.

I can see what you mean, though images with just a caption and no keywords are unlikely to show up in many searches. How about a separate pseudonym (geogphotoslite?) where you can put things quickly then move them on to your usual one when you are satisfied with the keywording?

(In answer to your original point, which was why you posted here in the first place of course, I doubt Alamy would encourage contributors to put non-news images on sale without keywords.)

I'd like the ability to sort pics using a different category so that I know which ones are finished and which ones are only partially finished but on sale.

It would be great to be able to publish them with just that caption to get them on sale quickly and then work through them gradually so that as I finish them I can move them from one category to the final 'On sale' one.

Just make a pseudo for those images and move them into your main one when fully worked

Just make a pseudo for those images and move them into your main one when fully worked

I wish I'd thought of that!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived