Paltry Fees

Aggers

Question

Just had an image sold, cost to buyer $0.25 my net return $0.06 - why bother???  No indication in my account of any Distributer fees so assume no 3rd party involved.

Only upside is I had a SALE !!

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Contact Customer Service and ask to switch off 'Novel use' (That is in your revenue options). Also ask to remove China from your list of distribution (also there).

Hope that helps.

Pav

10 hours ago, Pav said:

Contact Customer Service and ask to switch off 'Novel use' (That is in your revenue options). Also ask to remove China from your list of distribution (also there).

Hope that helps.

Pav

You can do this yourself in your Dashboard under Additional Revenue.  You can only change this in April, so you have to do this by the end of this month, or you can't change it till next April

Jill

• Like 2

Have considered opting out, my main issue is the ridiculous fees charged.  Surely these fees can be much higher and make it worthwhile for all the effort of collecting, keywording  and uploading images.  Latest sale earned $0.10, Alamy Commission -$0.05, Distributor Commission -$0.04 leaving me with $0.9 !  Opting out "in protest" won't change Alamy's mind to re-think their charges.  So, drop the Distributors or continue and at least have a "Sale" notched up in my stats.

Edited by Aggers

In the info about the New contract Alamy wrote (emphasis mine):

• In relation to Clauses 9.1 and 9.3: If you are opted in to Novel use, your images can be licensed to customers for Machine Learning purposes and when applicable, you will be entitled to payment for any Content licensed for these licenses. We have extended the Novel Use opt-out period to coincide with the notice period of the contract change should you wish for your images to not be included in the Novel Use scheme under this new contract.

So, you have more time to opt out of Novel Use if you choose and don't have to worry if you missed the usual April opt-out period. 

On 13/04/2023 at 06:28, Aggers said:

Just had an image sold, cost to buyer $0.25 my net return $0.06 - why bother???  No indication in my account of any Distributer fees so assume no 3rd party involved.

Only upside is I had a SALE !!

First I want to be clear:  I have been more than a little frustrated by some of the fees that I have seen Alamy license my images for.  BUT, one thing that I have found is that these, at least for me, have been small secondary licenses for images already licensed by Alamy to the same client.

I have been communicating my displeasure about low fees for images of mine that are exclusive to Alamy and not available from any other agency or library.  Again, I communicate directly with Alamy.  Wish I had an answer or solution that would work for both Alamy and all contributors, but obviously I haven't found one.

Chuck