Lightboxes - Who gets to see them exactly?

Jansos

Question

6 answers to this question

I think your assumptions are correct.

From a contrib's pov, i think the idea was that you could put together a lightbox of your own stuff and email a link to a potential client who would then go on to the ALamy main site and buy some!

From a client pov;  picture researchers can put together a lightbox of images for review which they might then buy and use in a project later on.

Sometimes when i've been thinking of shooting a particular subject, i've put together a lightbox of images on the same theme, both to avoid diuplicating stuff that's already up and to give me ideas on doing something different.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I only use the lightboxes for collecting my photos for the monthly challenge we do here on this forum.  Never thought that they would be visible to anyone else.

Agree with all that!

Kumar

• Like 1

On 14/02/2023 at 22:48, Jansos said:

Shame that it is not possible to create a Lightbox/Collection on a specific theme that you can then publish to interest researchers/punters.

You can do that…  you can create a lightbox of images selected from your own, or images selected from the Alamy collection in general, or mix some of your own and some of other people’s.
The lightbox feature on your dashboard then lets you forward a link to a list of email addresses that you type in.

Edited by Gorilla Dave
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gorilla Dave said:

You can do that…  you can create a lightbox of images selected from your own, or images selected from the Alamy collection in general, or mix some of your own and some of other people’s.
The lightbox feature on your dashboard then lets you forward a link to a list of email addresses that you type in.

Below is a link to a lightbox i created containing some of my own images and some from the Alamy collection in general.
From the Lightbox feature on my dashboard i 'shared' it with my own email address.

https://www.alamy.com/search/lightbox/4947681.html

Is this the kind of thing you were thinking of ?

Cheers Gorilla Dave. Yes, you are quite right, and I did know that, I just didn't word it very well. What I wanted to be able to do was to create a Lightbox/collection of my images,  and have those as part of my publicly viewable offering rather than pushing out to specific people. Perhaps that would be better suited for the webpage gizmo but I find it a bit clunky and too slow to populate.