Does anyone use keywords that suggest possible uses, as well as just content?

A search for 'book cover' brings up a lot of images of existing books, of course, but also some images suitable for that use. Likewise for 'greetings card'.

Does anyone have any evidence that this helps customers? Has anyone had any sales traceable to similar searches?

If you look at AoA, the searches for 'gettings card' suggest that buyers are looking for greetings cards rather than pictures suitable for greetings cards. That would make sense because buyers in those markets tend to know a lot better than photographers what their target market will buy as a card. Similar situation for book cover.

Does anyone use keywords that suggest possible uses, as well as just content?

A search for 'book cover' brings up a lot of images of existing books, of course, but also some images suitable for that use. Likewise for 'greetings card'.

Does anyone have any evidence that this helps customers? Has anyone had any sales traceable to similar searches?

In short - no!  I would say that would just confuse matters.

Does anyone keyword with 'copy space'?

Ah, yes - guilty of that...

Any other 'code' that could suggest a poosible use without messing up searches?

Can't think of any at the mo' (but I'm very slow on a weekend).

Come to think of it, I'm no Speedy Gonzales during the week!

Does anyone keyword with 'copy space'?

I do. I notice that quite a few of my images with G also have "copy space" as keyword (G choose the keywords there).

dd

Archived