According to Alamy's splash page they are less than 2m assets from passing the 300,000,000 level.

Will this pass with cheers, balloons, and bubbly?  Or sighs, moans. and groans?  😀  

When I started here I believe they had less than 10m - wow.

7 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Yah, I remember the announcement that Alamy were about to cross the 20 million mark and there was even a Badge or bonus for the one who hit the mark

And I remember going to an Alamy meet in London in 2003/4? Someone asked James West what the maximum collection size was going to be. Would it be like 2 million? That sounded an enormous figure. James replied there was no limit.

Hhhhhmmmmmm.... I think Alamy had about 40 million images when I started and that already seemed ridiculously high. I'm amazed I'm selling anything at all with so many images on Alamy and other agencies.... I guess though that there's always going to be a demand for up to date images - some images can age quite quickly... Although I'm still selling older images too thankfully! Not sure what to make of it to be honest. 

23 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Hhhhhmmmmmm.... I think Alamy had about 40 million images when I started and that already seemed ridiculously high. I'm amazed I'm selling anything at all with so many images on Alamy and other agencies.... I guess though that there's always going to be a demand for up to date images - some images can age quite quickly... Although I'm still selling older images too thankfully! Not sure what to make of it to be honest. 

I noticed a sharp uptick on sales of old images which have been on Alamy for years and never sold. I think it happened after the re-rank. Strange.

• Love 2