Uploads not appearing on Live News feed

Rich_Dyson_Photo

Question

I've submitted three sets of images in last 2 days and none are appearing on the feed at alamy.com/news . All images are showing as On Sale in Image Manager and they are categorised as News images. I have a 5 star rating for QC so it's very annoying that other pictures from the same photo-calls are appearing and mine aren't. Alamy contributors e-mail not replying as it's the weekend, so I am left in the lurch with images not going out and no support. Is this what we pay the 60% commission for?   

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Rich_Dyson_Photo said:

I've submitted three sets of images in last 2 days and none are appearing on the feed at alamy.com/news . All images are showing as On Sale in Image Manager and they are categorised as News images. I have a 5 star rating for QC so it's very annoying that other pictures from the same photo-calls are appearing and mine aren't. Alamy contributors e-mail not replying as it's the weekend, so I am left in the lurch with images not going out and no support. Is this what we pay the 60% commission for?   

Sorry to hear of the Alamy problem, must be very frustrating. Unfortunately the Alamy system often has troublesome issues. To be on the safe side when uploading news I often hold back some similars just incase of issues like yours and if I get delays and they persist they can be uploaded as reportage. Not ideal but although too late better than nothing. Rather than contributor@alamy.com had you also tried news@alamy.com. Normally news@alamy.com reply quickly during the week, but once during a weekend it took them a day.

10 minutes ago, sb photos said:

Sorry to hear of the Alamy problem, must be very frustrating. Unfortunately the Alamy system often has troublesome issues. To be on the safe side when uploading news I often hold back some similars just incase of issues like yours and if I get delays and they persist they can be uploaded as reportage. Not ideal but although too late better than nothing. Rather than contributor@alamy.com had you also tried news@alamy.com. Normally news@alamy.com reply quickly during the week, but once during a weekend it took them a day.

Thanks

If it was me, having made my share of mistakes, I'd be checking that my headline, description and keywords were all in the right place on the metadata. And that my date, especially the year, was correct.

@Rich_Dyson_Photo have you heard about it? I have the same problem, I load live news, I see the photos in the manager with a good optimization, but the images do not appear anywhere, not even in my portfolio, this thing makes me angry and I would have the idea of not uploading anymore if the conditions are these.

22 hours ago, Rich_Dyson_Photo said:

do they show doing a search in LN search bar?  quite a few of your submissions do, but obviously we could be missing some.  

as for now support on week-end, that has not been my experience with the News desk, and the couple times i needed to contact them they did reply, but that was pre acquisition by PA, so this may have changed 

Edited by meanderingemu