For Garden/Flower photographers

56 minutes ago, Gina Kelly said:

Homesandgardens.com is another site that regularly uses Alamy images.

They seem to have a lot of the same articles and photos as gardeningetc.com I have a feeling that some of my images are there. However, their search engine is a disaster as well.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

They seem to have a lot of the same articles and photos as gardeningetc.com I have a feeling that some of my images are there. However, their search engine is a disaster as well.

I take a look at them a couple times a week, out of my own interest in gardening/plants, and have found some of my own, but also see a lot of other Alamy images. Also they tend to come up when doing a google search of my name + Alamy, which I do on a regular basis. Maybe you could try that instead of searching their site? I'll keep an eye out for your name now too, though :)

1 hour ago, Gina Kelly said:

I take a look at them a couple times a week, out of my own interest in gardening/plants, and have found some of my own, but also see a lot of other Alamy images. Also they tend to come up when doing a google search of my name + Alamy, which I do on a regular basis. Maybe you could try that instead of searching their site? I'll keep an eye out for your name now too, though :)

Thanks, Gina, but most of my flower pics are under pseudos. Google Books seems to be the only thing that works for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Just wondering, how did you find your image? Their search image seems pretty useless.

Try Googling gardeningetc and the pseudonym in question (in quotation marks if more than one word).  It may yield some unwanted leads, but it should be better than Gardening Etc.'s internal search engine.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, villalobos said:

Try Googling gardeningetc and the pseudonym in question (in quotation marks if more than one word).  It may yield some unwanted leads, but it should be better than Gardening Etc.'s internal search engine.

Thanks. No luck with that, so perhaps none of my images have been published by them. There is a UK outfit that used one of my flower images in four of their publications (gardening and design-related), but I've somehow managed to misplace the name of the company. Any idea what it might be? I believe that they publish weekly. They paid in the high $ range.

There's a tie in with Amateur Gardening Magazine -

Amateur Gardening | GardeningEtc

Discover tips, news and advice with content from Amateur Gardening magazine, presented by Gardeningetc.

BTW probably most of you know this but in the UK your local library service many provide free access to PressReader. I've managed to check images on quite a few newspapers and magazines both national and international.
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Just wondering, how did you find your image? Their search image seems pretty useless.

I googled ‘gardeningetc’ and my name. It came up with an article on black grasses and I knew I had taken images of black grasses. 

15 hours ago, villalobos said:

Many thanks all, one of my camellias in there... 😄

... and a hornbeam...

Edited by TeeCee
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Celluloid Hero said:

There's a tie in with Amateur Gardening Magazine -

Amateur Gardening | GardeningEtc

Discover tips, news and advice with content from Amateur Gardening magazine, presented by Gardeningetc.

BTW probably most of you know this but in the UK your local library service many provide free access to PressReader. I've managed to check images on quite a few newspapers and magazines both national and international.

Thanks for the tips. Amateur Gardening sort of rings a bell, but I can't find anything. Probably not worth the effort anyway...

The licensing details looked like this (see below). I got four in a row. Does it look familiar to anyone? This UK company apparently publishes several different magazines related to gardening and design, and they pay separately for each use.

$9.61

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 December 2020
End: 01 December 2025
Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.