Caption limit for archival- only 150 characters?

spacecadet

Question

6 answers to this question

I hadn't realised it was 600 for archival, I've been limiting myself to 150 - what a numpty...:wacko:  I uploaded some a few days ago, with 150 or less, and I've just seen that they are showing e.g. '148/600'.  I just entered some more characters to take it well over the 150 and they have been accepted ok.

So, unless they've changed something within the last three or four days, then it should still be 600.  Are you sure they went the archival route?

Edited by Vincent Lowe
Grammar

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I have many archival captions with a 600 character allowance but on uploading to archival today it seems to have come down to the usual for stock- 150.

Anybody know how to fix it, or has it changed for good?

Very odd. Live News, Reportage and Archival should be 600. Were you able to annotate minutes later? If so it definitely went the right route. Somebody reported recently their Live News submission went into QC. Might be some funnies going on, nothing would surprise me.

UPDATE: I just uploaded an archival image that I had ready to go, and I'm still getting 600 characters for the caption. Mind you, I seldom use them all as I prefer to put extra info in the non-searchable description field.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sb photos said:

Very odd. Live News, Reportage and Archival should be 600. Were you able to annotate minutes later? If so it definitely went the right route. Somebody reported recently their Live News submission went into QC. Might be some funnies going on, nothing would surprise me.

Aargh- that's it. I put it into stock, not archival. Filezilla butterfingers.

Thanks for that, I'll resubmit.

Thanks all.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Aargh- that's it. I put it into stock, not archival. Filezilla butterfingers.

Thanks for that, I'll resubmit.

Thanks all.

Sometimes I’ve wondered if I had dropped reportage into the folder below in FileZilla. A quick check in the archive stock folder would put my mind at rest. 

• Thanks 1