Has Alamy become micro stock agency?

Action Photographer

Question

13 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I enjoy laughter, also. If you’ve read all of my posts, you’d know that. This person laughs at serious posts, where a laughing face is inappropriate and out of place. Meant more as derision. But that’s okay, I’m amused by that person’s sorry life that he/she has nothing else to get kicks out of but doing that.

i stopped assuming people's motive behind reactions long time ago, people all have their own reason to react.  Someone may be going through different phase.  In addition some stuff does not carry through translation and cultural differences.  

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I enjoy laughter, also. If you’ve read all of my posts, you’d know that. This person laughs at serious posts, where a laughing face is inappropriate and out of place. Meant more as derision. But that’s okay, I’m amused by that person’s sorry life that he/she has nothing else to get kicks out of but doing that.

There are so many emoticons now and they're so small I struggle to distinguish between them. Is it laughing or smiling? I bet they get misunderstood/misused all the time.

Mark

• Like 1

17 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

There are so many emoticons now and they're so small I struggle to distinguish between them. Is it laughing or smiling? I bet they get misunderstood/misused all the time.

Mark

i agree, i also never figured out what the difference was between arrow up, heart, and trophy.   But it is much easier to assume people the worse out of people

even the red arrows which many time are more about shooting the messenger, than the post itself- if something is wrong i just Flag it, and let Alamy decide if they feel it is appropriate or not, and judge them as the forum host for their decision.   But it is their forum

Edited by meanderingemu

17 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Mark

It is possible to enlarge the emoticons just as you would with text.

😇  Text size default 14

😇  Text size 72

Allan

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

😇  Text size default 14

😇  Text size 72

Allan

i think Betty was complaining at the ones as "reaction" to the posts.  I guess you can always increase your browser zoom.... 😕😢  look pretty similar on my phone.

1 minute ago, meanderingemu said:

i think Betty was complaining at the ones as "reaction" to the posts.  I guess you can always increase your browser zoom.... 😕😢  look pretty similar on my phone.

I have just enlarged yours as you and all of us can.🙂

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I have just enlarged yours as you and all of us can.🙂

Allan

again that is in the Text, not the reaction, there is no sizing that i know of  for one in the bottom right corner (X marks the spot), beyond affecting the whole browser. Screenshot-from-2021-12-07-08-01-57

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

😇  Text size default 14

😇  Text size 72

Allan

They are still small when trying to choose the right one. ISTR it was better before the forum was "upgraded". There were fewer emoticons to scroll through and they were large enough to see. Now I rarely bother with them.

Mark

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

again that is in the Text, not the reaction, there is no sizing that i know of  for one in the bottom right corner (X marks the spot), beyond affecting the whole browser. Screenshot-from-2021-12-07-08-01-57

Ah!  Right!  Got you now. Thanks for clarifying.

Allan

No, Alamy is definitely not a MS agency.
Because at Alamy, even at unusual times, there are still plenty of sales.
So Alamy managed to license a total of 8 of my photos on December 30, 2021 and December 31. 
For 0,15$ each. 
To China. 
One of the images was an elaborate 360° panorama. 
The MS agencies I know didn't manage such a great performance. 
So Alamy is not in a row with normal MS agencies.