Image: 2G06D47

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 03 June 2021
End: 04 June 2021
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

The other sale details are identical but Start / End dates are 02 June and 03 June 2021.

When ran via Google search it returns five articles within the same paper. Four are within the specified dates, but one is 19 June. Therefore my two questions:

1) Since the details specify "One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication" does that mean that the two licenses cover only two articles, and the remaining 3 which I found should be additional?

2) Since the two licenses do not cover 19 June, should this one be additional, or is there a chance that the date on the article is the latest update and the article was actually published within the dates?

3) Would someone be kind enough to check for me if these images actually show up within the all five Times articles listed by google?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Pietrach said:

Hi,

Recently I got two sales for an image with licence details as follows:

Image: 2G06D47

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 03 June 2021
End: 04 June 2021
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

The other sale details are identical but Start / End dates are 02 June and 03 June 2021.

When ran via Google search it returns five articles within the same paper. Four are within the specified dates, but one is 19 June. Therefore my two questions:

1) Since the details specify "One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication" does that mean that the two licenses cover only two articles, and the remaining 3 which I found should be additional?

2) Since the two licenses do not cover 19 June, should this one be additional, or is there a chance that the date on the article is the latest update and the article was actually published within the dates?

3) Would someone be kind enough to check for me if these images actually show up within the all five Times articles listed by google?

Thank you

If the articles have different urls and dates, then you should get a sale for each. These repeated uses often tend not to be reported. 

you will need someone with access obviously.  No guarantee it was used in that link, Google will also sometimes find the image and it's only a thumbnail to the original article, which likely fits in original license.

for what it matters, Bing does not get a hit for the image.  

A Google search isn’t reliable as some of the articles returned have links to other articles at the bottom. You don’t necessarily need to be a subscriber to The Times to work out which one has your oic as you can see the top of the article with the photo even without logging in.
This article has your image but can’t see anything else

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/covid-in-scotland-tough-rules-stay-in-urban-areas-as-sturgeon-fears-a-third-wave-nt7zh92lj

Thank you all for responses. I got the trial subscription and you were right, only one link shown the image and the remaining 4 just contain a link to the other article.

Makes me think what he other sale was. Considering the price of $$$ I think it may have been for print. I guess none of you have the print paper from 3-4 June? :)

5 hours ago, Pietrach said:

Thank you all for responses. I got the trial subscription and you were right, only one link shown the image and the remaining 4 just contain a link to the other article.

Makes me think what he other sale was. Considering the price of $$$ I think it may have been for print. I guess none of you have the print paper from 3-4 June? :)

Did you get $$$ for a newspaper sale (as  you mentioned in the OP)? I doubt if that would be any well-known UK newspaper like the Times, which has the usual heavy discounts.

39 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Did you get $$$ for a newspaper sale (as  you mentioned in the OP)? I doubt if that would be any well-known UK newspaper like the Times, which has the usual heavy discounts.

Actually all Times Live News print uses are $$$ in my experience (the exact amount varies depending on the month), so likely the photo appeared in print on one occasion as well as online.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pietrach said:

When you try to cancel the free trial subscription, you'll need to phone them to do so and they will offer you a good deal if you wish to continue. Better a subscription than none at all. I have now been on different deals for 18 months and never paid the full price.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sally said:

Actually all Times Live News print uses are $$$ in my experience (the exact amount varies depending on the month), so likely the photo appeared in print on one occasion as well as online.

Ooops, sorry, wasn't thinking about Live News. Thanks for the correction.

Edited by Cryptoprocta