smartphone with 1" sensor

Admittedly I'm guessing here but as the sensor gets larger then the focal length needed for any particular angle of view increases and this creates the main problem in a slim phone. I see that this is an 'ultrawide', equivalent to 19mm in '35mm' terms, only slightly narrower than my Canon 17mm TS-E. That means for a more standard view you'll need to crop the result, losing the advantage of the larger sensor. Obviously great if you go for that ultrawide view of course.

If I were into smartphones, I'd certainly look out for a UK launch, but I'm not, so won't. But a 19mm  "standard" lens sounds interesting, I use wide angle a lot; or at least I did when there was some money to be made in this business

Speaking of smartphones; got no smartphone so can't be "pinged" which is handy at the moment. I do have a proper paper communication from the NHS certifying that I have had two Pfizer jabs when and where. You don't have to rely on an app on a phone. Took just two days and free

Edited by Robert M Estall

• Alamy locked this topic