Help! Access denied after a successful submission

Bumblebees Photography

Question

Hi

I'm relatively new here and now stumbled upon a problem. Maybe someone has had similar experiences?

I submitted my first submission and immediately failed mercilessly (my mistake - the pictures really weren't the best). But I didn't give up and submitted three more for the test. After a few days I received the confirmation email “you passed the QC” and was asked to tag the three submitted images. The joy was huge. 🤩 However, when I logged in and looked for the pictures, there was a nasty surprise. They were not there! 😱 I was also unable to upload any new images (for sale), but was instead asked to submit the first three images for a test submission. Again? Even though I had already passed? I wrote to the service team. The outgrowth is that the pictures were not accepted (but they were - the confirmation is clear). They also believe that the reasons for the failure can be seen. But that is not the case. All access to my pictures has been blocked. 😡 I see a completely virgin profile, without pictures. Legally, that's not okay. But it's also completely wrong in terms of people and business. Have you already been through something like this?

16 answers to this question

Hi wiskerke!

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.

I've tried both variants. After logging in directly to the AIM, but also first to the dashboard and from there to the AIM. Both with the same result. I don't see any of the pictures I have submitted so far, just “Thanks for registering as a contributor” and afterwards I am always asked to submit three pictures for a first submission. But I already passed it on the second attempt. I'm confused.

22 minutes ago, Bumblebees Photography said:

Hi wiskerke!

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.

I've tried both variants. After logging in directly to the AIM, but also first to the dashboard and from there to the AIM. Both with the same result. I don't see any of the pictures I have submitted so far, just “Thanks for registering as a contributor” and afterwards I am always asked to submit three pictures for a first submission. But I already passed it on the second attempt. I'm confused.

Yes that is weird. I've never heard of images that have been accepted first being refused later on.

That's just not how Quality Control works.

Could it be you just have to wait until the database is updated? This usually happens overnight (UK time). 

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Yes that is weird. I've never heard of images that have been accepted first being refused later on.

That's just not how Quality Control works.

Could it be you just have to wait until the database is updated? This usually happens overnight (UK time). 

wim

At first I thought that I would just have to wait. But I received the “you passed the QC” email on May 4th, 2021. Because nothing changed in the following days (I didn't see any of my pictures and couldn't tag them), I wrote to the team. But the staff is of the opinion that the pictures were not accepted. But even then they should be in my AIM.

I would speculate that first confirmation was computer mistake.  Who-knows-what triggered an e-mail before actual human QA happened, which then in turn rejected the submission & thus nothing shows in IM.  Dumb AI is so prevalent everywhere today.

4 hours ago, Bumblebees Photography said:

At first I thought that I would just have to wait. But I received the “you passed the QC” email on May 4th, 2021. Because nothing changed in the following days (I didn't see any of my pictures and couldn't tag them), I wrote to the team. But the staff is of the opinion that the pictures were not accepted. But even then they should be in my AIM.

That makes it even stranger. I would just submit again. Because whatever the answer will be, you will be asked to submit again.

Not the same images of course, but good quality images that will satisfy QC.

It is a pity that you cannot see the reasons for rejection.

wim

11 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

I would speculate that first confirmation was computer mistake.  Who-knows-what triggered an e-mail before actual human QA happened, which then in turn rejected the submission & thus nothing shows in IM.  Dumb AI is so prevalent everywhere today.

Hi Autumn Sky

If the QC actually works like this (first AI, then human checks), it would be conceivable. But why are there no reasons for rejection ("human" could have corrected) and no corrected notification ("oops, we made a mistake")? It would be interesting for me to know why it failed

9 hours ago, wiskerke said:

That makes it even stranger. I would just submit again. Because whatever the answer will be, you will be asked to submit again.

Not the same images of course, but good quality images that will satisfy QC.

It is a pity that you cannot see the reasons for rejection.

wim

Mh, looks like I have no other choice. Still, it's annoying (especially that I don't know why it failed). 🤔 Thank you very much for taking your time and advice! 🌼

1 hour ago, Bumblebees Photography said:

If the QC actually works like this (first AI, then human checks), it would be conceivable. But why are there no reasons for rejection ("human" could have corrected) and no corrected notification ("oops, we made a mistake")? It would be interesting for me to know why it failed

Sadly glitches happen in most things from time to time, regardless of whether humans or computers are involved. It looks to me as though you've been the unfortunate person on the end of one. I can't see any other reason for this to happen. Third time lucky!

Alan

7 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

Sadly glitches happen in most things from time to time, regardless of whether humans or computers are involved. It looks to me as though you've been the unfortunate person on the end of one. I can't see any other reason for this to happen. Third time lucky!

Alan

Thanks! 🌺 I really seem to be the unlucky one. Ok, to a new one! 💪

8 hours ago, Bumblebees Photography said:

Mh, looks like I have no other choice. Still, it's annoying (especially that I don't know why it failed). 🤔 Thank you very much for taking your time and advice! 🌼

We can check your images if you like.

You could put the images up somewhere, like your website or Dropbox (free); Imgbb (free); Imagebam (free) or another image or file hosting service that does not alter the image.

Ideally just the same files.

Maybe if you want with a cross or your watermark over it, just as long it's the exact same image you have sent Alamy. So the exact image size and jpg quality.

Most regulars here can easily spot the things QC doesn't like.

(note: that Dropbox link includes an invitation which gives both me and the one accepting it free 500MB bonus space - I have not used the other services myself)

wim

On 28/05/2021 at 18:16, wiskerke said:

We can check your images if you like.

You could put the images up somewhere, like your website or Dropbox (free); Imgbb (free); Imagebam (free) or another image or file hosting service that does not alter the image.

Ideally just the same files.

Maybe if you want with a cross or your watermark over it, just as long it's the exact same image you have sent Alamy. So the exact image size and jpg quality.

Most regulars here can easily spot the things QC doesn't like.

(note: that Dropbox link includes an invitation which gives both me and the one accepting it free 500MB bonus space - I have not used the other services myself)

wim

Thank you very much for the hint! 🤩 I just have to choose a few more pictures. 😅