Business insurance required?

Hi, I'm new to Stock Photography and wondered whether I would need business insurance such as Public Liability/Indemnity in order to cover myself and others or does Alamy take liability for any issues? I've researched it but it seems to be a very grey area and isn't much information out there on this topic. It's difficult as I don't know any other photographers to ask their advice on this matter and due to the pandemic situation won't be joining any camera clubs any time soon.

I'd be very grateful to hear your thoughts on this matter and hear about what you do photography wise and what insurances you've taken out.

Kind regards, Kim 

Alamy does not accept liability for the contributors. If you feel you need insurance for the type of photography you undergo then others will answer that on here.

Personally I do not have photography specific insurance.

Allan

• Love 1

No insurance at all here as the quotes I received were scandalous.  As Allan says, Alamy will not accept liability. I can’t see the need for any insurance. 

• Love 2

Alamy does not take any liability.  It is only an agent to sell your photographs on the terms laid out in the contributors contract.  Taking out insurance is a matter of your attitude to risk and how much money you have.  If you have enough money to buy/repair your kit when it is damaged and to pay any damages if you are sued by the increasingly litigious public then, no.  

if you are, like me, poor and risk adverse then insurance is a good idea.  Having said that, 1, I have paid insurance for about eight years and never made a claim and 2, having worked in insurance in the past, the levels of service and claims management is poor to non existent, What you are paying for is peace of mind when unlikely events occur.

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, GeoffK said:

Bit of deja vu

Yes apologies as I couldn't see that my first post had gone through but just as I posted my second post I could then see that my first one had in fact worked! I'm new to the forum so am just finding my way with it 🙂 My thanks go out to all those who have responded, your help is very much appreciated indeed.