Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hello everyone,

I have been suing alamy for a year or so and my experience has not been great. I never managed to make any good job and upload a lot of fresh work,

I have decided to close my account and obviously I want to delete my works first. I selected everything and go through the image manager, press delete but since days they still pending to be erase

i would lke to ask if anyone have tried to do the same with some of the work, or knows what to do in order to don't leave work in the website after closing the account

thanks

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not just leave you account open and let the images you have there just sit there? You never know when something might sell. I just sold a couple of images I uploaded five or six years ago. You never know. Unless you have exclusivity elsewhere, it doesn't make sense to delete your hard work (processing, editing, tagging, etc.).

Edited by kimba
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Quite a vital typo in your first sentence:

 

"I have been suing alamy"

 

based on title i didn't think it was a typo when i started reading

 

"I have been suing alamy for a year or so and my experience has not been great."

 

 

OK, but not sure a forum of contributor is the right place to vent......

 

 

🤔  but then reading on it became obvious it was.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, carla coco said:

hello everyone,

I have been suing alamy for a year or so and my experience has not been great. I never managed to make any good job and upload a lot of fresh work,

I have decided to close my account and obviously I want to delete my works first. I selected everything and go through the image manager, press delete but since days they still pending to be erase

i would lke to ask if anyone have tried to do the same with some of the work, or knows what to do in order to don't leave work in the website after closing the account

thanks

 

 

as per the contract you agreed to, images are still for sale for 6 months from day you delete them.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One, you don't have a lot of work up.   Some of it is underexposed (the photos taken on the ball field in particular.  Most of it doesn't center on  a subject but are crowd scenes (even in crowd scenes, it helps to have some person who is front and in focus), and you've got some similars even in that small number.  I'd look at your contract which I believe spells out how you leave Alamy.

 

Most people don't sell with fewer than 200 photos posted, and a number of people don't sell with less than 1,000 up.   I've licensed images that I took in the US over ten years ago.  I've also licensed an image of water running along the gutter in front of my second house in Nicaragua. 

Edited by MizBrown
location, location, location.
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/05/2021 at 18:57, kimba said:

Why not just leave you account open and let the images you have there just sit there? You never know when something might sell. I just sold a couple of images I uploaded five or six years ago. You never know. Unless you have exclusivity elsewhere, it doesn't make sense to delete your hard work (processing, editing, tagging, etc.).

I know you actually right. It just very frustrating not knowing what actually happen to the works, and I m not uploading anymore. But thanks for your advice 

On 07/05/2021 at 19:04, meanderingemu said:

 

based on title i didn't think it was a typo when i started reading

 

"I have been suing alamy for a year or so and my experience has not been great."

 

 

OK, but not sure a forum of contributor is the right place to vent......

 

 

🤔  but then reading on it became obvious it was.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/05/2021 at 19:06, MizBrown said:

One, you don't have a lot of work up.   Some of it is underexposed (the photos taken on the ball field in particular.  Most of it doesn't center on  a subject but are crowd scenes (even in crowd scenes, it helps to have some person who is front and in focus), and you've got some similars even in that small number.  I'd look at your contract which I believe spells out how you leave Alamy.

 

Most people don't sell with fewer than 200 photos posted, and a number of people don't sell with less than 1,000 up.   I've licensed images that I took in the US over ten years ago.  I've also licensed an image of water running along the gutter in front of my second house in Nicaragua. 

So the works that don't sell are just not used at all? I thought that you need to reach a certain number of downloading before to actually make some money 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

None of this is particularly predictable.  You need to have photos that people looking for can find.   For news photos in Nicaragua, I'm competing with Reuters photographers, who've been in Nicaragua for years and whose Spanish is better than mine.. 

 

If nobody wants to use a photo, it just sit on Alamy's servers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carla, you have to remember that you are shooting images that you like, that may or may not be useful to someone else. Selling stock images is a crap shoot - the only reason that people say you need to have a lot of images up is because the larger your pool of images, the higher probability of selling one. 

 

If you want a surefire way of being paid for shooting images, then become a wedding or portrait photographer or get hired on to a company as a staff photographer.  I think I can safely say that many of the photographers adding images to Alamy are not supporting themselves solely with stock. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.