Picture Needs list vs Alamy Measures

I'm curious if anyone has any idea why subjects that appear on the Picture Needs list don't appear in Alamy Measures for the past year?  If there was such a need I would think you would see that someone searched for that subject. Do I misunderstand this? Or do Picture Needs come from somewhere else?

Edited by tarsierspectral
  • Like 1

that's a good point - ive always been a little suspicious of how accurate the picture needs list is, a couple of times I have uploaded a fair amount of local images to respond to picture needs - and I don't think any have sold.

Picture needs also has some rather obscure requests for areas of Sydney- which are not the sort of locations that buyers typically look for - and also they weren't searched in measures when I last checked

4 hours ago, tarsierspectral said:

I'm curious if anyone has any idea why subjects that appear on the Picture Needs list don't appear in Alamy Measures for the past year?  If there was such a need I would think you would see that someone searched for that subject. Do I misunderstand this? Or do Picture Needs come from somewhere else?

It may be that the Picture Needs are not generated by clients, but from Alamy believing they should increase their holding of images in some area's.

• Love 1

15 hours ago, sb photos said:

It may be that the Picture Needs are not generated by clients, but from Alamy believing they should increase their holding of images in some area's.

Or, that they have an algorithm that points them towards uncurrent content (have I just coined a new phrase? Hopefully not).